Thursday, September 18, 2014

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE...(seventy fourth installment)

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
74th installment
warning...adult content




~

"Hey, Kinsey, it's me, Ghost! Can you hear me?" he yelled into the phone. "I been takin' pictures, and we seen graveyards, and we stayed in a haunted house, and we got up here in the mountains...and...and...is my house still there, and do you miss us?"

"Slow down, Ghost," said Kinsey. "Yes, I can hear you...you don't need to holler. I miss you guys already, and your house is fine. Sounds like y'all are having a blast out there on the road."

"Yeah, and I wrote some songs, and I wrote some stuff for the book we're doing, and we're gonna be in Tennessee in awhile, and it's really cool up here, and I had old dirt on me, and I was scared of the haunted house, but Steve made it all better, now," Ghost went on.

"I heard...well, I'm glad you called, Ghost...let me talk to Steve, again."

"Bye, Kinsey, I'll get Steve to call you again soon." Ghost laughed, as he handed the phone back to Steve. He then ran back to the restaurant for more coffee.

"Well, he seemed happy enough," Kinsey said.

"Yeah, for now. This may be a long trip, or it may end any minute...but, it's been nice to see something new for a change."

"Well, y'all take care of each other. I'll tell everyone here how y'all are, and put another pin in the map."

"Ok, bye Kinsey...later." Steve ended the call and went to find Ghost.

In the restaurant, Ghost was regaling everyone with his stories. They were astonished at the change in him, and seemed very interested in what he was saying. Steve came in then, and Ghost begged him to go get his guitar, so they could sing a song for this little audience...for a thank you. The people all nodded and said yes, please, so he did go get his acoustic. They wound up doing five songs in all. Their audience loved every one of them, and hated to see them leave, but it was time to continue their journey. With coffee to go, they went on down the other side of the mountains.

"I asked if anyone knew of any graveyards we could see," Ghost said, in between sips of the hot coffee. "They said there was one, kind of between the next towns we come to. Guess we should check it out."

"Ok, we're gonna need someplace to stay too, unless we camp out. How do you feel about it...camping or motel?" Steve asked.

"Well...let's see what those towns look like first, ok?"

"Yeah, there's still a lot of daylight left," Steve said. He was having to concentrate on his driving again, on the steep road.

Ghost spent most of this time writing about their last stop, and then switched over to his song lyric notebook, and worked out a new song, humming out loud the music he heard in his head. Every now and then, he'd ask Steve how it sounded. Neither one could read music; they played and sang by ear, and were able to put it all together in their own unique way.

Steve mostly agreed with Ghost on the tunes, only making a couple of suggestions. He'd remember how it sounded, and pick out the notes, and chords on his guitar, later. This was a soothing activity for them both. They always fell under the music's spell.

A while later, they came upon the border between North Carolina and Tennessee. "Stop there by the sign," Ghost said. "I want to take a picture."

So, they pulled over for a bit. They each posed by the sign that said 'Leaving North Carolina - Welcome to Tennessee'. It was a bittersweet moment. They loved their home state, but looked forward to seeing other places. Back in the car, Ghost looked at the map. He'd always had a thing about maps. He loved the funny and strange names of the towns, and the changes from coastal blue, to deep green forests, to the browns of the desert regions. He was always drawing them, too. On his wall at home, and at the Sacred Yew...real places, and places he made up...places he saw in his dreams.

"Ya know what, Steve?" he asked. "This town we're coming to next is kinda big, I guess. It has bigger letters, anyway, not like our little town that's not even on a map. I'm thinking I'd rather camp out somewhere outside of this here place. We could get something to eat in town, though. But, I need to look at the stars tonight. They're calling to me." He looked at the sky, still daylight, but soon would be twilight.

"They're up there right now, just we can't see them till it gets dark, ya know. They're waiting, just like me."

"Yeah, I know," said Steve. "Camping out sounds good to me, too. We'll do that. It'll probably take another hour to get there."

"How long is an hour?" Ghost asked.

"Long enough...you've got time to think of what you want to eat."

"Ok, and Steve, when we sang for those people back there, it was good, wasn't it? I mean I thought so...and we haven't done it in awhile. Maybe we could play somewhere soon?"

"Yeah, it was good, Ghost. We'll check out some places, now that we're closer to some towns. That's a good idea. Anyway, that was our plan in the first place...and we'll find that old graveyard, too."

"Yeah," Ghost yawned. "I'm gonna take a nap...wake me up when we get somewhere." He laid his head in Steve's lap and closed his eyes. Soon he was fast asleep.

"Damn, I wish he hadn't done that." Steve thought, as he looked down at Ghost's silky hair covering his lap. He stroked the strands away from Ghost's face, and swallowed hard. He was breathing faster, and felt his heart beating in his chest. He noticed Ghost's eyelids fluttering - and a bit of drool soaking into his pants leg.

"Damn, he turns me on without even trying." He knew Ghost was mostly oblivious to how he made Steve feel. He was just being himself, and always seemed surprised when Steve let him know how much he wanted him...how much and how often he ached for him.

"Oh my, God, Ghost, I want you so bad right now." Steve whispered. He knew it would make it worse, but he couldn't help himself...he touched Ghost's tender, pink lips with his finger, and let it slip inside Ghost's warm, wet mouth...and as always, Ghost began sucking on it. Steve had to make himself look up at the road...he couldn't just keep staring at Ghost.

"I want to pull over and take him, right now," Steve thought. But there was no place on this road. "I'll take care of this, as soon as we get set up," he promised himself. They continued on...




Next installment coming soon!




Peace, Love, & Writing


No comments:

Post a Comment