Wednesday, May 13, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... # 166

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 166
warning...adult content




~
Terry had never seen Ghost this mad and upset before, and this argument with Steve, right after hearing the songs they'd done. His mind was reeling. "Does he get like this very much? In all these years, I've never seen him like this, Steve," Terry said.

Steve sighed, "Yeah, sometimes. You know his problems, Terry. It's out of his control, mostly...he just has these fits when he gets frustrated that he can't do something. We deal with it."

R. J. had gone to the door of the break room to peek in. He was shocked to see Ghost looking like a psychotic person. He'd seen Ghost in many moods over the years, but this was way more serious. "Dude, y'all better get in there. He's gone crazy."

Steve and Terry rushed over to the doorway. The room was in total chaos, and Ghost was still trying to find things to throw. His hair was flying out in all directions, and by the look in his eyes, it seemed he'd totally gone over the edge into some strange, other world, and didn't even know what he was doing.

Steve went in first, dodging the folding chair that Ghost threw at him. He grabbed hold of Ghost, wrestling him to the floor. He didn't let go, even as Ghost fought him. Steve kept talking him back to reality, saying anything he could think of to calm him down.

Terry and R. J. just stood there, taking in the wreckage. Finally Ghost quit struggling, and breathing hard, he came around. He seemed to not know what just happened. As Steve held him, they both sobbed. "It's ok, Ghost, you're ok now. We're all ok here...nobody's mad at you." He stroked Ghost's hair back.

"Steve, what happened? I don't feel good, and I don't remember stuff...where are we?" He looked around the room.

"It's ok, Ghost...we're at Terry's studio. You kinda messed up the kitchen, but we'll get it fixed. Don't worry about it."

"I'm sorry I don't listen, Steve. That's all I remember you saying."

Steve nodded into Ghost's hair. "Yeah, I'm sorry I said that. I'm not mad at you at all, though. I want you to feel better."

Ghost noticed Terry, then. "I remember you, now...you're Terry?" he asked. "I didn't mean to tear up your place. I'll clean it up," he said, as he tried to get on his feet, with Steve's help.

"It's ok, no big deal," Terry said. "How are you feeling, now?"

"My head hurts, but I'll fix this, ok?" Ghost said, then swayed, almost falling down.

"Steve," Terry said, "take him home...or to a doctor, or something. He's in no shape to be hanging around here. We'll talk business another time."

Steve agreed, and helped Ghost out to the car. Ghost leaned his head back on the seat, closing his eyes.

Terry spoke to Steve, there outside the car, "Steve, I didn't know it got this bad with Ghost. If I can help, in any way, you let me know, ok?"

"Ok, Terry...he's usually fine and can go months, then something sets it off. He's seen doctors about it, but they just say there's not much they can do, and just give him medicine. He's supposed to take it every day, but forgets sometimes." Steve breathed deep, and rubbed his hands over his face. "We deal with it. It doesn't last long."

Terry gave Steve a hug. "Well, stay strong. And, by the way, those songs...man...beautiful. Um...R. J. didn't want me to say anything, but I have to say, anyway...we were both wiping our eyes after hearing them." He cleared his throat. "And, it's all finished, except packaging."

"Thanks, Terry, I appreciate everything you do," Steve said. He looked in at Ghost. "I'll talk to ya tomorrow." He got in the car.

"Later, Dude," Terry said, and went back inside.

R. J. had started to pick things up in the break room. He looked up as Terry came in. "They gonna be ok?"

"I don't know, man, Steve says it will."

"I'm not lying, Terry...Ghost scared me half to death," R. J. said.

"I know, me too..." Terry said, as he began straightening things.

"They coming back tomorrow, ya think?"

"Steve said he'd call. Guess we'll just wait and see."

They worked awhile longer, putting things in order.

"R. J., why don't you go on home. You've done enough for now. I appreciate you staying, but I'm beat. This is good enough for now," Terry said. "I think I'm going over to see Kinsey."

"Ok...I'll come by in the morning...see what's happening," R. J. said, as he gathered up his things.

Terry locked the door behind them, as they left. He walked down the block, to the club. Kinsey was in his office, as he heard Terry knocking at the back door.

"Hey, Terry...how's it going?" Kinsey asked. "I was just thinking of coming over there."

Terry went into the office, and sat on the couch.

"What is it, Terry," asked Kinsey, as he noticed Terry's down mood.

Terry shook his head. "Kinsey, I don't even know where to start."

Kinsey waited for more information.

"Good thing you didn't come over. The place is a wreck...well, R. J. and I cleaned it up, but damn...you wouldn't believe how violent Ghost can get." He looked up at Kinsey, who was frowning.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Ghost...he was mad at Steve for some silly reason, and he went in the break room and destroyed it. He threw shit everywhere, broke everything he could get his hands on...I'm telling ya, Kinsey, I've never seen him that way...ever."

"Is he ok?"

"Yeah, Steve finally got him calmed down, and took him home." He paused a minute, shaking his head. "I think that kid's got more problems than Steve can handle. When that fit, or whatever it was, was over, he kinda woke up, and didn't even know what he'd done. He didn't know where he was, or even who I was. He scared the crap outta me and R. J."

"Sounds like he had a pretty bad one," Kinsey said. "I've seen a few...scary as hell, but he snaps out of it pretty fast. Steve knows how to handle it."

"Um-hmm, I guess so, but still in the back of my mind...and I hate thinking this...but I think Steve caused it to get worse, ya know...since that time..." Terry said.

Kinsey nodded, and said, "Oh, I know he did, Terry, but that's water under the bridge. What's done is done, and we all go on, one way or another."

"Yeah, well, I feel so bad for Ghost...he never asked for any of it. And then, I feel bad for Steve, too...'cause he has to remember every day what he did. I admit, he's taken responsibility, and is doing the best he can, but damn, I just wish things were easier for them," Terry said.

"Me and you both," Kinsey said.

"Ok, enough...I'm almost done with their CD. I'll probably finish it up tomorrow, then I'm free to take off. How 'bout you?" Terry asked.

"Any time, just say the word, and I grab my bags, and we're out the door."

"Great, I'm ready to get outta Dodge," Terry said.

~
Steve drove home much slower than he'd driven over to Terry's, earlier. He kept looking over at Ghost, who was rubbing his face, around his eyes. "You gonna be sick," he asked.

"No, I don't think so. I'm just hungry," Ghost said.

"I'll fix us something when we get to the house, then," Steve said. He'd not eaten all day, and Ghost had only had the biscuit and bacon at Kinsey's, this morning. As Steve went into their kitchen, to find something to fix, Ghost curled up on the couch, with a blanket. Spirit joined him, purring. Steve took a second to look in at them, smiling as he saw them cuddled up together.  He finished the simple supper of toasted waffles, and scrambled eggs, and brought Ghost a plate.

"Here ya go, Ghost," he said, setting the full plate, and a glass of milk, on the coffee table. He brought in his own plate, too, and sat beside Ghost, who had already started eating.

"This is so good, Steve"

"Glad ya like it," Steve said. After a few minutes, he asked, "Have you been taking your medicine the doctor gave you?"

Ghost shrugged, and frowned. "Sometimes...but I don't like it."

"But, you're supposed to take it every day. It helps you to feel better, and not have so many of your spells, and headaches."

"I know," Ghost said, sighing. "But, it makes me feel weird too, and I really do forget to take it. You're just mad because of today, aren't you?"

"I'm not mad. I can't be mad that you have a spell. I just worry about you."

"I know, and I'll try to be better..."

"And take your meds?"

"I guess so."

"How ya feeling now?"

"Better, now that I got to eat."

"Good," Steve said. "Oh, Terry said he was done with the CD, except for packaging it. He liked all the songs, too."

"He did? I'm glad, but you know what? I knew they would, and I know they cried...him and R. J. ... Those songs make me cry too, Steve. Not in a bad way...just 'cause they mean so much to me...to us."

"I know, me too," Steve said. "Well, if you're up to it, we'll go in and help put them together tomorrow, then. How's that sound?"

"Yeah, I want to do that," Ghost said. "But, Terry might not want me to come back, ya know...after...after I wrecked the place, but Steve, I didn't mean to. And, I didn't want to be mad at you either, but it just...I don't know, something just made me do it."

"Yeah, I know, and Terry understands...he's not mad, though. So, don't worry about it. Ok, then," Steve said, getting up. "I'm gonna clean these dishes. You just take it easy. Go take your medicine, too." He carried the dishes back to the kitchen.

Ghost went to get his meds, Spirit galloping behind him. On his way to get a glass of water in the kitchen, their phone rang. Steve didn't hear it, as the water was running in the sink. Ghost stared at the phone. It was on the table by the couch. He was afraid to touch it, after all that had happened today. It kept on ringing, so he finally did pick it up, and ran to give it to Steve.

"Here, I don't know which button to push," he said in a rush.

Steve grabbed it..."Hello? Oh, hi Zach...yeah, that's great...Thanksgiving? Sure, sounds good. Ok, later." He hung up. "That was Zach. They finished moving into their new house, and want us to come over for Thanksgiving dinner. That sound good to you?"

"Oh, yeah, I wanna go," Ghost said.

"Ok, that's settled, then." He went back to finish up the dish washing.

~
Next part coming soon!




Peace, Love, & Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment