Friday, June 12, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... # 179

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 179
warning...adult content




~
"We had better food and ice cream than you did, too," Ghost said, still telling Steve about what he and Zach had done.

"Man, I should have gone with y'all, instead of over to Trevor's house. I like the day you had," Steve said.

"Me, too...and we might do it again someday," Ghost said, as he gathered up his things from the table.

"So, you and Zach are buddy-buddy, now?

"What's that?"

"Friends."

"Oh, I guess so. He said I was fun to hang out with."

"That's nice...just watch him...he better not go making any moves on you," Steve said.

Ghost shook his head. He took his things off into the living room, where he lit an incense stick, and placed the crystal on the table with the others.

"Now, y'all get along. Y'all have to live on this here table, and be friends," Ghost said.

Steve snickered, again.

~
When Zach reached his and Trevor's house, he found Trevor sitting on the couch, just staring into space. "Hey, Trev, what's the matter?" he asked.

"Zach, I've had a long day," Trevor said, and took a deep breath.

"Why...was it that hard to keep Steve busy?"

Trevor looked at Zach, his eyes dazed. "Yeah, it was. He was suspicious from the time he got over here. I kept making up things to do...just stupid stuff. Oh, he went along with it, but every few minutes, he said he'd better go. He didn't like leaving Ghost alone."

"Damn, sorry Dude...thanks for doing it, though."

"Yeah, well...how did it go with you and Ghost?" Trevor asked.

Zach smiled. "It went surprisingly well. Ghost and I went to the junk yard, and he got Steve's old car back. It's being repaired, right now. He'll have it by Christmas eve. We ate lunch at this crazy Cajun restaurant, and it was really good." He got up to go to the kitchen. Grabbing a beer for them both, he came back and sat down on the couch.

"We went to a hippie store that Ghost likes."

"A hippie store?"

"Yeah, it's got crystals, incense, stuff like that. Here, I'll show you what I bought." He brought the bag over, and pulled out his purchases. "This book tells all kinds of things about the crystals, and what they're good for, and about herbal remedies, and a bunch of other way out there stuff." He laughed, seeing the expression on Trevor's face.

Trevor picked up the crystal Zach had bought. "You really going to get serious about this?"

"Well, probably not as much as Ghost, but yeah, it's pretty interesting. I'll try it...sure..."

"How did you and Ghost get along?"

"Oh, we hit it off, actually. He's pretty cool...funny...and he's a lot smarter than I gave him credit for. I know he has his brain problems, but when he's clear headed, he's a real decent guy," Zach said.

"So he didn't act crazy, today, or flip out?"

"Nope, not once...and he even told me he was trying hard not to. There was one point though, when he saw Steve's smashed up car...he pretty much lost it. Cried for what Steve had gone through." Zach shook his head. "That was tough."

They sat there awhile longer, going over things they'd done that day. "Did Steve mention what he was getting Ghost for Christmas?"

"No, I didn't bring anything up to do with Christmas, and he didn't either. Guess we'll find out later. And...hint, hint...what are you getting me...and what do you want?" Trevor asked.

"Uh, really, Trevor, I don't need anything," Zach said. "I already have you, and we got rid of that bad stuff at the old house. But, what do you want?"

"Nothing but you," Trevor said, with a grin.

"You...you already have me," Zach said. He pushed Trevor down on the couch, and kissed him. "And, I'm ready for you to have me right now." He smiled, and helped Trevor up. They made their way to the bedroom, and didn't surface again until morning.

~

Ghost had made popcorn for them, and they watched movies for awhile. Every so often, one of them would throw a piece, for Spirit to chase, which made them laugh. Ghost was in a good mood, after his shopping trip to Raleigh, and the present for Steve had been settled. Steve kept planning in his head, his secret trip to get Ghost's gift, and every time he thought of it, he'd try to block it at the same time, so Ghost wouldn't hear.

Finally, he had had this conflict so long, he developed a headache. "Ghost, I'm going to bed. This headache is killing me," Steve said. "You can finish watching this movie by yourself."

"You want some headache powder? It's fresh."

"Are you sure it won't kill me?" Steve asked.

"I'm sure. I'll go get it ready," Ghost said, going into the kitchen to make a cup of hot tea, to put the remedy in.

Steve went to his bed, waiting for Ghost. "Don't think, don't think..." he kept repeating to himself.

Ghost came in, handing the cup of tea to Steve. "Don't think about what?"

Steve had to say something to throw Ghost off. "Oh, uh...don't think about this stuff you're giving me," he finally said.

Ghost gave him a look. "That's not it, Steve, but fine...if you don't want to tell me, then don't. Now, drink this...all of it. You'll feel better soon."

"Ok," Steve said, and took a tiny sip. "The thing is, Ghost, there's a secret I have to keep from you...for Christmas, and I want it to be a surprise. And, it's so hard, when you read my thoughts, and I try not to think of it, but it keeps getting my head." He took another sip. "And, that's why my head is hurting."

Ghost frowned. "Steve, I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. I'll try not to, ok? I don't want to read your secrets. I don't mean to, and I'll try to block it out."

"I know you don't mean to...don't worry about it," Steve said. "I think tomorrow I'm going to go on my shopping trip, for your present. Then I can quit worrying about it."

"Ok...now finish drinking your tea, and go to sleep. Everything will be better in the morning. Me and Spirit will be fine while you're gone." He leaned over and kissed Steve. "Night..."

"Night, Ghost," Steve said, and gulped the rest of the tea. Ghost turned out the light, and went back to the living room. The movie was still playing, but he'd lost interest in it, now. It was still fairly early...dark out, but not yet late enough for him to be sleepy. He'd never taken the nap he'd planned on earlier, but he was wide awake now, anyway.

~
Next part coming soon!



Peace, Love, & Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment