Wednesday, June 24, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... # 184

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 184
warning...adult content




~
As they continued out of the city of Raleigh, Steve asked, "So what did you buy at the magic shop?"

"Oh, some oils for me to smell, and some incense for Terry," Ghost said. He reached into the bag and brought out a crystal. "This is for Zach, a different one from the one he got already." He held it up.

"Yeah, that's a nice one," Steve said.

"Then, here's what I got for Trevor. It's a sage broom, so he can cleanse the new house any time he wants to. And look, this is for Kinsey...it's a little waterfall that he can plug in, and hear the water going over the rocks. Oh, and a book, 'cause he likes to read. This here one is some meditation poems." He put the items back in the bag.

"Those are real nice gifts," Steve said. "I'm sure they will like them, because you thought of the person and what they'd like or need. Good choices for all."

Ghost smiled. "I know what you're thinking."

"You always do, Ghost," Steve said. "Ok, what am I thinking? I just told you what it was...about the gifts you bought."

"Yeah, but you're thinking what did I get for you," Ghost said.

"Well, maybe I am a little curious, ya know."

"Mmm-hmm, well I tried to find something in there for you, Steve, but we already have all that stuff, so I gotta think of something else for you. I got time," he said, and smiled.

"Ok, that's fine...don't tell me..." Steve said.

They were almost to the highway leading out of the city, now, when Ghost said, "Steve, I need to ask you a really serious question."

Steve's heart did a little lurch. "Ok, I guess I can try to give you an answer...what?"

Ghost frowned, then said, "You know it's kinda getting dark already, and by the time we get home, well...how can I say this..." he sighed and looked over at Steve. "I don't want to cook supper, so can we get some chicken or something to take home to eat, before we leave this big 'ol town, 'cause when we get home there's no take out places, and I think I'll be hungry, by then...so...can we?" He laughed at the way Steve looked at him.

"Ghost, you scared me for a second. I thought there was something wrong, or bad news, or something."

"It's just I'm hungry, that's all, and that's bad news, and wrong, I think."

"Yeah, it sure is...and yes, we can stop and get food. Good thing you got all the words out before we left town," Steve said.

"I know, right?" Ghost said. "Well, I want chicken."

"Ok, and I think there's a place on the way out...we'll stop."

They did stop and get food to take home, but ate most of it on the way, because thirty miles was a long way to have to wait. As Steve finished a piece, he threw the bones out the car window.

"Steve...don't do that," Ghost said, as he twisted around to look out the back window.

"What...do what?" Steve asked.

"Don't throw those bones out...it's bad."

"Why is it bad? I'm just giving the wolves something to eat, or maybe the buzzards."

"Well, maybe...if they hurry up and eat it, but really, it's not good." Ghost waited for Steve to ask why, but he didn't. He just grabbed another piece to eat.

"Don't you want to know why?" Ghost asked.

"No...but I guess you're gonna tell me anyway, aren't you?"

"Uh-huh...it's because of voo-doo, Steve. Remember down in New Orleans? There were people putting spells on people by throwing chicken bones, and saying bad stuff," Ghost said. "You didn't think any bad thoughts when you threw them out, did you?"

"Nope, sure didn't," Steve said. "I was just thinking about eating another piece." He took a big bite out of the one he was holding.

"Ok, well don't throw out any more," Ghost said, finally done with the subject. Steve, though, wanted to know more.

"Well, can anybody do it? I mean, did I just do a spell in the middle of the road?"

"Probably not...you didn't say anything like a spell," Ghost said. "I think maybe you have to be knowing how to do it first."

"Oh, ok...good," Steve said.

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to ask Zach, 'cause he's seen people do it before. I just want to make sure," Ghost said.

They continued on down the highway. "Why don't you check out the phone, Ghost. See if we got any calls. I think I had it turned off," Steve said, handing the phone to Ghost.

Ghost took it, turning it around and staring at it. "Remind me again how to turn it on."

Steve reached over and pushed a button. The phone lit up and displayed several missed calls and voicemails...all from Zach.

"Looks like Zach called a lot, look..." he held the phone up so Steve could see. "What did he want?"

"How should I know...call him back," Steve said.

"Um...ok..." Ghost said, but just hovered his finger over the phone.

Steve waited a minute, then rolled his eyes. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm trying to see what he wanted."

"Just push the button, Dude...that's how ya find out."

"Ok, ok..." Ghost pushed the call back button, and waited for the connection to Zach. When he answered, Ghost said, "Hello, Zach, what did you want?"

"Ghost is that you?" Zach said. "I've been trying to call all day. Man, I need to give you some info on that car..."

"Stop...stop," Ghost yelled. "Don't say anything yet. I can't talk about it, now."

Steve had jerked, when Ghost yelled. "What's the matter? Something wrong? Give me the phone."

Zach continued, "Ok, but I have to tell you this...like now."

"Not now, Zach...we're in the car and almost home. Call me later," Ghost said.

Steve grabbed the phone from Ghost. "Zach, what's going on? You got Ghost all crazy acting."

"Nothing, Steve. I'll take care of it...gotta go...bye," Zach said, and hung up.

"Ok, Ghost, what's going on?"

"Nothing, Steve, just me and Zach have to talk about some things. Later ya know...alone."

Steve frowned. "You and Zach are up to something. You know I'll find out...ya know that don't 'cha?"

"I know," Ghost said, "but not yet...please don't try to find out yet. It'll ruin everything."

"Fine, whatever," Steve said, finally getting an inkling of a clue, that it was about Christmas secrets. He smiled. "I promise not to find out yet, ok?"

"Yeah," Ghost said, knowing Steve understood, now.

They reached home, and took all their things inside.

~
Next part coming soon!



Peace, Love, & Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment