Wednesday, February 3, 2016

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... # 276

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 276
warning...adult content




~
Ghost frowned, as he looked around the motel room. "No, it didn't come back in, but I was afraid it might. And it did come back, only in my nightmare."

Steve nodded. "I knew you weren't awake, but man, you were all crazed. You were attacking me, Ghost, and I had to make you stop. You growled, and bit me so hard."

"Oh God...I did this to you? I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, Steve," Ghost said.

"I know you didn't, but it hurt so bad, I tried to make you stop. I'm sorry, too, that I hit you. I didn't know what else to do. You were coming at me like a rabid dog...all growling. I was thinking you were possessed or something."

"I think I was," Ghost said. "It felt like it even if it was in my nightmare." He touched his swollen eye and lip, and sighed. "You hit me?"

"I didn't want to..."

"You had to, Steve. It's ok...you had to. I didn't know I was biting you. I'm so sorry." He wrapped his arms around Steve's shoulders, but Steve shook him off.

"I hate myself," Steve said. "I said...no, I promised  I'd never hurt you again." He jumped up from the bed to pace around the room. "Guess that makes me a fucking liar, don't it?" he stared hard into Ghost's eyes. "I don't think I can do this any more. I can't ever do what's right."

Still pacing, he ran his fingers into his hair, yanking hard. "I try...I tried. It just don't work for me."

Ghost was getting dizzy watching Steve go back and forth. "Stop...stop, Steve." He got up, but swayed, and had to sit back down.

"Where's the gun, Ghost?" Steve asked. "I'm scum, just like Kinsey always said. I don't deserve you, or your love. I don't even need to be here any more, hurting you over and over." He strode to the door, yanked it open, and headed for the U-Haul.

"Steve! Steve, come back here." Ghost stumbled to the door, holding onto the furniture, as he went, the room spinning wildly in his dizziness. Just as he reached the doorway, Steve charged back in, running into him, knocking him flat on the floor. He looked down at Ghost.

"See? See what happens? It never ends." Reaching out with one hand, he helped Ghost up. The other hand was holding his gun.

"Put it down!" Ghost yelled. He tried to grab for the gun, but missed. As Steve twisted out of Ghost's grip, they were both startled, as the gun went off, blasting a hole in the ceiling.

Ghost screamed, sure that Steve had shot himself. Steve dropped the gun, and rushed over to Ghost, thinking he'd shot him. They were both relieved to find out no one had been shot.

"Don't ever kill yourself...promise me," Ghost cried, hugging Steve.

"I can't. I can't keep my promises," Steve said, as tears ran down his face. "But, I won't kill myself, ever again, Ghost."

Ghost nodded, as he hugged Steve tight.

Linda and Melody ran into the room just then, and they all could hear sirens approaching.  "Oh my God, are y'all ok? What happened?" Linda asked. Melody was hanging back, eyes wide with shock. Before Steve could explain, two policemen, and the motel manager walked in.

"Anyone need an ambulance here?"

Steve shook his head. "We're ok. It was an accident."

One cop retrieved the gun from the floor, putting it in an evidence bag. He was making a call to headquarters, to check on the gun ownership. The other policeman was questioning everyone about the incident. Then they conferred.

"This gun is not registered to either one of y'all. You don't have a license for it either. We'll have to bring y'all in. It's the law."

Steve was trying to explain about the gun, but they read him his rights, and handcuffed him. Ghost said nothing, as they handcuffed him, also. As they were put into the squad car, Steve told Linda to follow them to the station. The manager was still going on about who was going to pay for the damages.

"It will be taken care of," Linda said, as she and Melody gathered up Steve and Ghost's belongings, and went back to their room. Linda got the kids up, and into the van, as quick as possible.

"Linda, what the hell was that all about?" Melody asked.

"I don't know, but we're about to find out," Linda said.

"Did they have a fight? They were both hurt and bleeding."

"I don't know," Linda shouted. She wiped at her eyes, trying to stop the tears that threatened to fall. Her hands were shaking. "Oh, Melody, I just don't know what to do."

After a few seconds, Melody said, "It'll be ok. We'll figure it out."

"I know, I'm just so tired, and we're so close to home. This was all we needed right now, ya know." Linda said. They were down off the mountain, now, and Linda pulled into the small parking lot at the police station.

~
Next part coming soon!



Peace, Love, & Writing

2 comments: