Tuesday, January 28, 2014

CROSSWORD STORIES

This post is just to say a few words about my Crossword Stories. That's what I'm calling them. There may have been other writers to try this form of coming up with story ideas, but I've never ran across any mention of it. Could be they call them something else...maybe just word prompts to get the ideas to come.

I've been thinking of doing this for quite a while, but just recently tried it out for the first time. This was when I was participating in @FridayNightWrites and @WriteClub on Twitter. It is lots of fun and a good time to practice different forms of writing.

What I did was to take all the words from an online game I play, "Words With Friends", and make a list from one of the boards. Those are the words I have to incorporate into my story. I've done a few so far, and they are short, so I will lable them under Flash Fiction, also. The stories are turning out to be humorous, so far. I'm usually giggling while I'm writing them.

I plan on doing more in the days ahead. Hope you get a giggle or two out of reading them!




Peace, Love, & Laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment