Saturday, January 17, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE...# 116

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 116
warning...adult content



~

                                                        CHAPTER 20

"Sorry we scared your cat," said Trevor.

"Yeah, sorry. He's a pretty cat, hope he's ok," Zach said.

They kept looking around the room, expecting to see more signs of creepiness, but everything looked pretty normal. Zach was thinking Trevor's house was way more creepy than this one.

"So, ya plan on staying long?" Steve asked.

They were all still standing by the door, and it was getting awkward.

"Listen, just say what ya got to say. We ain't got all day."

Trevor pulled on Zach's jacket sleeve. "Zach, let's just go. They don't want us here," he said, pulling Zach toward the door.

"No, Trev, I came to offer a truce...and you know what we talked about. I want to ask Ghost about it."

"Ghost don't want to have anything to do with us...so, c'mon," Trevor said.

Steve rolled his eyes at them. "Dudes, we're standing right here listening to your stupid conversation. You've spent half an hour, and you still haven't gotten to the point, or said anything worth listening to, so..." He pointed to the door, then looked at Ghost.

"I could use some help here, Ghost."

Ghost was still trying to read what was clinging to them, but he shook it off, then asked Zach, "What was it you wanted to ask?" He felt a shiver go up his spine. "Look, can we go outside? I really don't like you in our house, anymore."

Zach was confused. "Why are y'all so rude?" he blurted out. "I just wanted to see if Ghost could do some of that hocus-pocus stuff, and tell us if Trevor's house is evil or not."

"Out!" Steve yelled, "Now!"

Ghost was staring, wide-eyed, at this request.

Zach and Trevor backed up, and then headed out the door. Steve and Ghost followed.

"Do ya think you can help us find out, Ghost...and, if it is, can you do that thing...where you get rid of the bad stuff?"

They were out in the front yard, now, and Steve kept walking slowly toward them. They kept backing up, until they were by their car.

"You want me to do a reading of your house? You want us to do a séance or something...then chase away the evil spirits...with what...an exorcism? Is that it?" Ghost asked, trying to clarify the request.

"Yeah, that's it," Zach said. "Can you do it, like real soon? That house does some crazy shit, and we don't know how to make it stop."

"Stop, Zach," Trevor said. "It's my house, my problem. We'll take care of it." He was still looking hopeful that Ghost would agree...would say yes to coming over there.

"Damn straight, it's your problem," Steve said. "We don't want any part of it."

"Wait a minute, Steve, maybe I can try," Ghost said.

"What...ya want to go up in that murder house? You never would before, why now?" Steve asked.

Ghost shrugged, "Because maybe I'm not gonna be scared, now. I know more stuff now, than when I was a kid. Maybe I can at least sage the place."

Steve was shaking his head. "Don't you have some of those voo-doo people you know, that can come do it?" he asked Zach. "We know there are lots of them where you're from in New Orleans. Just call some of them to come up here."

"Sure, we know some," Zach said, "but, Ghost is here already."

Steve heaved a sigh, "I give up. Ghost, you do whatever you want, just don't go bringing any of those bad spirits back here."

Zach grinned, "When can you do it...now?" he asked.

"No, not now," Ghost said. "Maybe in a few days. I need to prepare first."

"Ok, let us know...we'll be ready," Zach said. He and Trevor got in their car to leave.

Trevor leaned his head out the open window, "Thank you...at least thanks for at least agreeing to try. It's been pretty bad over there, and I hope you can help."

Ghost nodded, "Ok, but I don't promise anything."

As Zach pulled out down the driveway, Steve turned to Ghost, "Are you crazy? Why do you want to invite trouble...and bad shit to us?"

"I don't know, Steve, I just think maybe I can help...and I was always interested in that stuff, even if it's scary. I won't know until I try it," he smiled. "I'm not scared of spirits, anyway. They're just dead people."

"Yeah," Steve said, "but, there's more than that roaming around, and you, of all people, should know it. You know, demons, and evil...and our personal favorites...vampires." he shuddered.

Ghost grinned, "So, now you believe in that stuff, Steve?"

"Yeah, I do now, since I saw it with my own eyes."

They went back inside. Steve started looking in the refrigerator for something to eat. "What do you plan on doing for them, then?" he asked.

Ghost sat at the table, thinking. "Well, first, they have to tell me exactly what's been going on...and not leave anything out."

"Why...can't you just 'know' all that?" Steve asked

Ghost was twirling his hair around his finger, then letting it go, then wrapping it around again. "I probably could, but it's easier if they just tell me straight out...and I'll pick up other things...stuff they forget to tell, or don't even know," he said. "I might be able to tell who...or what...is causing the trouble. Then I can figure out what to do about it," he explained.

Steve had gotten them both a beer, and sat down at the table. "Do you even know how to do an exorcism, or a séance?"

Ghost took a swig of his beer. "No, and I couldn't anyway. Oh, I could say some words, but they wouldn't mean anything...I'm not a priest. But, a séance, maybe we could do that."

"I don't know, Ghost, it sounds dangerous. There's too many 'what-ifs'...and do I have to be in on it?"

Ghost frowned..."No, you don't have to...just I'd want you there for support, for me," he looked Steve in the eye. "Here's a 'what if' for ya...what if the bad spirits got ahold of me, and I got possessed? Wouldn't ya want to fight 'em off and rescue me?"

Steve took a second to answer. "Uh, sure, sure I would..."

Ghost started laughing. "Dude, you totally believe this shit, don't ya? You'd run outta there screaming your head off, and never look back."

"Damn it, Ghost...why ya wanna be like that?" Steve set his beer back on the table too hard, and it foamed over. "Ya get me all into shit, scaring me, and then ya laugh in my face."

"That's 'cause you're so easy to get to...it works every time," Ghost said, still laughing.

"Well, I never know if you're serious, or not. I mean...well, now I'm confused...you are psychic, aren't you? That's real, isn't it?" Steve asked. "You tell me that has been a bunch of bullshit, for all these years, then it's over..." he was huffing around now, pacing the kitchen, trying to save face.

"Yeah, Steve...that's for real," Ghost said. "This other stuff, it's just for show. At least it is for me. But, I can find out some stuff and..."

Steve interrupted, "And, maybe really get us into trouble, seeing as how you don't really know what the hell you're doing. I'm serious now, Ghost. I spend half my time worrying about you going off into spook-land, and never coming back, already. You know how you get, and, well..."

Ghost saw that Steve was really scared of what might happen. He looked down at the table. "Sorry, Steve, I know I shouldn't tease you about it."

"So, are you still going ahead with it, then?"

"Yeah, but only if you're there as my back-up. If things get too freaky, just get us out of there, ok?"

"Yeah, you can count on that," Steve said.

Ghost went to get Spirit out from under the bed, and calm him down. Steve put a random bunch of food on the table for them to eat, and he got out the cat food, too.

"Come on Spirit, it's ok, and it's time to eat," Ghost said, as he bent down to look under the bed. "Come out and tell me what you saw, ok?

~

Next part coming soon!



Peace, Love, & Writing



No comments:

Post a Comment