Friday, April 15, 2016

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... # 307

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 307
warning...adult content




~
Steve breathed a sigh of relief that Ghost was back home, and alive. He snuggled closer to Ghost, hugging him from behind.

"Ghost, are you awake?" he asked, and pushed Ghost's hair back a bit, and kissed his neck. "Ghost?" he whispered, again. Ghost stirred, making moaning sounds.

"Can you hear me?" Steve asked.

"Mmm, Steve? I don't feel good," Ghost mumbled.

"I know, I don't either," Steve said. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry for last night, Ghost. I didn't mean it. I don't know why I said those things; I...it wasn't normal...like something just took over me. I can't explain it. It wasn't what I wanted to say at all." He paused a moment. "Do you hear me? Do you understand what I'm trying to say?"

Ghost nodded. "I know..it was the omen that did it. It was making you say those things...see those things." He turned over toward Steve.

"Oh, my God, you're hurt," Steve said, seeing how Ghost's face was this morning, after Terry had hit him. "He reached up to cradle his face in his hands. "Oh no...did I do this to you...please, please don't let me have done this."

"No," Ghost whispered. "I...I couldn't help you, Steve, back there at the beach. I knew something was happening. You were saying things you didn't want to say, and seeing things. I felt it too, but there wasn't anything I could do to stop it." He choked back a sob. "It hurt so bad to hear you say those things, Steve, and then you wouldn't even look at me."

Steve hugged him. "Oh, babe, I'm so sorry." He gently rocked them back and forth. After a few minutes, he asked. "Why did it happen, and who made it happen? I don't ever want that again...ever."

"I don't know why, or who," Ghost said. "but, I think maybe it was some kind of test...to show us what it would be like if it was real...if we were apart someday."

"But, who? And, how did they control us like that? Was it some bad, evil thing that wanted to torture us...like one of those demons?"

"Steve, I don't know, and now I'm scared. What if it is one? What if there's more...and...and...how can we know if it's really us doing it, or this...this entity making us say mean things?" Ghost's voice rose higher, the more upset he became.

Steve could tell he was on the verge of a panic attack, and he had to try to calm him, or he feared a seizure would happen. "Ghost, listen to me. Let's not think of all the 'what ifs', ok? That is making it worse, before anything even does happen. C'mon, let's forget about it for now. We need to get up and get some coffee, and eat. We'll feel better, ok?"

He'd been rubbing Ghost's back the last few minutes. Ghost nodded, and his breathing was returning to normal. "Ok, first we have to get in the shower," Steve said. "You have to wash your face. Have you seen it?" Ghost shook his head.

"Who did this to you, and why?"

Ghost shrugged. "It was Terry."

"Terry? Oh, now I remember. He brought you back here and, was there a fight?"

"Steve, he was gonna kill us. He was gonna kill you, and I was trying to stop him. Then he hit me, 'cause I was crazy, Steve. I couldn't, wouldn't let him kill you. And he was gonna kill me too, cause I wouldn't let him. He had his gun...don't you remember? He shot at me, but missed." Ghost took a deep breath.

"Oh, yeah, how could I have forgotten all that?" Steve said.

"And, you fell off the porch, too. That's why your face is hurt. You were trying to save me." He sighed. "Well, we saved each other, I guess."

"Yeah, we did, Ghost, and I'm glad we did."

They eased out of bed then, and hobbled across the hall to the bathroom, to take their shower.

~


Next part coming soon!



Peace, Love, & Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment