Monday, April 13, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... # 155

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 155
warning...adult content




~
Terry and Kinsey continued to talk about their upcoming vacation.

"I want to go to Disneyland, and New York City," Terry said. "I've never been either place, and this is my chance to do it."

"And, I want to go deep sea fishing, and to the Grand Canyon," Kinsey said, telling Steve and Ghost of their plans.

"Wow, those are awesome," Steve said. "So, are y'all closing the club and the record store for all that time? Or hiring temporary workers?"

"We'll close, and put up a sign that let's people know, we've gone on vacation," Terry said.

Steve nodded. "Just a thought...how 'bout me and Ghost try running them?"

"Oh, gee thanks, Steve," said Kinsey said, "but, that's not necessary. What I will do is give you the keys, and I want you to come by and check things once in awhile."

"Yeah, me too," Terry said. "You can see that everything's ok over at the shop, too. We'll call ya real often, to check in, too."

"Sure thing," Steve said. He was only a little disappointed that he wouldn't get to run the place for awhile.

"Well, I'm heading home," Terry said. "I've got things to do, some lists to make, clothes to pack...well, a lot of stuff. What about you Kinsey? Do ya want to meet up later, at the diner, for supper, and compare lists?"

"Yep, sounds good. I'll make my lists, too, and we'll get this ball rolling," Kinsey said.

"Later, then," Terry said, "say, a couple of hours?"

They agreed on that time, and Terry left the club.

"Oh, look Kinsey, I almost forgot. I got my cast off today," Steve said.

"That's great...how's it feel?"

"Good...still a little weak, but it'll be better every day."

"Where did Ghost get off to?" Kinsey asked.

"Probably over at the wall. I'll go check, then we're outta here."

He went over by the stage, to find Ghost. "Hey, you ready to go?"

"Yeah, I'm done here. Oh, I thought of something, though. If Terry's leaving soon, are we gonna get the CD done before then?"

"Oh crap, that's right," Steve said. "He did say we could get it done pretty fast, though, so maybe there won't be a problem. Let's hope everything goes smooth. Once the songs are done, there's just the copying part, which we can do later."

"Ok, then...guess I'm ready to go home," Ghost said.

They hollered bye to Kinsey, as they left out the back door. Kinsey sat at his desk, making out his list of things to do. He needed to check with the airlines, for tickets, reservations at motels, closing up things here at the club, hold off deliveries, and the list kept growing.

As he kept writing things down, Trevor and Zach came in, causing a flurry of noise.

"Hey, Kinsey," Trevor said, all out of breath. "Was that Ghost and Steve that just left? Were they going home? Were they coming back? Why didn't you make them stay, until we got here?"

"Hold on guys," Kinsey said. "Slow down...yes, they were here, yes, they're going home, no, they're not coming back...and why on Earth should I hold 'em here, on the off chance that y'all would happen to come in? I'm not y'all's go-between. You want to see them, you make it happen...not me. I've got other stuff to do." He gave them a no nonsense look. "And, I've got other news. I'm closing the club for at  least two weeks, maybe longer. Terry and I are going on a long needed vacation. So y'all will have to find somewhere else to camp out, for awhile."

"What? That is news, Kinsey," Zach said. "We have some news, too. You don't have to tell us to leave, 'cause we just found a place to live. We're moving in tomorrow."

"So that's where you two have been all day," Kinsey said. "Where's the new place?"

Not too far from here," Zach said. "It's just over behind the diner...a house we found for rent. It suits us fine, and no evil spirits in there...at least we hope not."

"Oh, that's great, guys. I think I've seen that place. It's nice. I didn't know it was up for rent, again," Kinsey said. "And, as far as I know, nothing bad ever happened there, so congratulations."

"Thanks, Kinsey, and we'll be outta your hair, now. We really thank you for letting us stay here, but like you said...time to move on," Zach said.

"Did you say Terry was going, too?" Trevor asked.

"Yeah, why?" Kinsey asked.

"Just...Zach was thinking Gumbo would play some shows soon. What about that?" He looked at Zach, to clarify.

"Oh, yeah, well I don't think we had anything definite planned, though," Zach said.

Kinsey thought for a moment. "For some reason, I got the impression that Ghost and Steve were wanting to do a show for when we get back. They'll have their CD ready, by then. Now, they didn't say anything, but...hey, maybe you all can come up with something together?"

"I don't know, but it's something to think about," Zach said.

"Yeah, if we can ever pin them down," Trevor said.

"Well, we'll see, I suppose. Right now, though, I have things to do, so..." Kinsey said, tapping his pen on his paperwork.

"Oh, yeah, sure thing, Kinsey," Zach said. "We've got stuff to do, too. Guess we'll talk to ya later on."

He and Trevor headed upstairs, to begin packing up what few belongings they had, and to discuss any upcoming shows they would do, maybe even with Steve and Ghost."

"It would be super cool to have a show with all of us together, don't 'cha think?" Zach asked.

"Yeah, but Zach," Trevor said, "it would be awkward, too"

"What do you mean?"

"Just think about it. Now, I'm not in either one of the bands, but y'all's styles are completely different. I'm just not seeing all of you guys playing and singing at the same time, but what do I know..." Trevor said.

"Oh, I think we could work it out, somehow," Zach said.

"Ok, but remember what you said, that one time...that Steve and Ghost are a couple of divas, or something. They wouldn't want to be sharing the stage, maybe...too much competition," Trevor shrugged. "Oh, don't mind me...just thinking out loud, from a non-member position."

Zach thought about the possibilities."  I can see what you mean,Trev, but nobody's even ever thought of it before, or talked to them about such a thing. What we need to do, is put it on the table for discussions."

Ok, I'll leave it up to you, then...and anyway, I have other stuff I have to talk to Ghost about," Trevor said.

"I know, but I still think you should drop it," Zach said. "Ghost don't want to talk, and keeps avoiding us."

"But I have to ask him about it, because, well, just because," Trevor said.

"Yeah, but that rash is getting better, isn't it?"

"I think so. Oh, and that demolition crew will be out at the house, tomorrow. I have to be there, as the owner of the property, even though, I'd rather not...and, what if tearing down that house causes any leftover demons to come out? I don't want to endanger the bulldozer guy, but it has to be done," Trevor said.

"I know, but all we can do is stand there and watch, ya know, and hope for the best outcome," Zach said.

They finished up their packing and watched tv for awhile.

~
Kinsey finished up his list of things to do, closed up the club, and went over to the diner to meet up  with Terry.

~
Next part coming soon!



Peace, Love, & Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment