Friday, April 10, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... # 154

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 154
warning...adult content





~
Soon, Steve was pulling into the back parking lot at the Whirling Disc record shop. As he and Ghost went inside, the little bell on the door tinkled, and Terry looked up from stocking CDs in the bins.

"Hey, look who's here," he said. "It's about time y'all made an appearance."

"Hey, Terry," Steve said. "Yeah, we've been taking it easy...been working on some stuff, and look..." he held up his cast free leg. "Just got it off this morning."

"All right, good to hear that," Terry said. "What were you working on?"

"Well, I got a list for ya here, of what we're putting on the CD. It's for sure, this time," Steve said. "You and R. J. can go over it. We need to get busy and actually do this, so you think y'all can be ready, say tomorrow or the day after?"

Terry reached out to take the list. "Let me see it...yeah, no problem. Are you wanting to do them with all of us at the same time, or separate, then mix 'em later?"

"I was hoping to do it all at once, but let's see how it goes first, and see how it sounds," Steve said.

"Ok, we'll do it how ever you want. I'll get ahold of R. J. and tell him to be over here in the morning," Terry said. "Yall come in as early as you can, and we'll knock these out in no time." He looked over at Ghost. "Hey, Ghost, do you think your voice will hold out if we do all these? Or, Steve, if not, we can split 'em up and do some in another day or two."

Ghost looked at the list, again. "I can probably do all these. I can sing a lot of songs when we do a show."

"Ok, then that's settled." Terry said. He slapped Ghost on the back, then chuckled. "What else are y'all up to? I tell ya, Zach and Trevor were pretty upset that y'all didn't show up last night." Shaking his head, he said, "I don't know what they have in mind, but they're still antsy about it...all that séance stuff."

"I  don't want to talk about it anymore, though," Ghost said.

"Well, you still need to see what he's wanting. Maybe it's nothing...probably just his paranoia." Terry shrugged.

"Guess he won't leave me alone about it, unless I do," Ghost said.

"Hey, Terry, can you close up for a few minutes? We want you to come down to the club with us, to talk to Kinsey," Steve asked.

"I suppose I could...why?"

"He's there isn't he?" Steve asked, avoiding the question of why.

"Umm-hmm, as far as I know, he's there. When ya want to go over there...now?"

"Yep, let's go," Steve said.

Terry put his 'be back later' sign on the door, locked up, and they all walked down the block, to the club.

"Knock, knock," Ghost hollered, as they came in through the back door.

"In here guys," Kinsey said, looking up as they all trooped in.

"Well, look at the three stooges, come to pay me a visit," Kinsey said, as he laughed and leaned back in his chair.

"What's a stooge, Kinsey?" Ghost asked.

"Oh, it's an old tv show that had three crazy guys in it doing slapstick comedy. It was hilarious back in the day."

"Oh, ok," Ghost said, but looked confused.

"Never mind," Kinsey said. "What's up?"

Terry sat down on the couch, and shrugged. "Don't ask me...these two came in and said I should come over here with them." He looked at Steve, "Well...?"

Steve looked over at Ghost, and cleared his throat. "Uh, Ghost, you want to explain, or ya want me to?"

"You start, and I'll add stuff when I think of it."

"Ok," Steve started explaining. "First of all, Ghost had a dream the other night. He said it was about both of y'all talking..."

Ghost added his explanation now. "Only it was a real dream. I heard you talking in my head. Not that I was trying to eavesdrop or anything, but y'all was talkin' loud enough for me to hear...or something..." He looked at Steve to continue.

Steve nodded, "Yeah, anyway, he said y'all were planning on taking a vacation together, real soon."

Terry and Kinsey were surprised that these two knew about it. They'd not mentioned it to anyone, yet. But, then they weren't surprised, after all, because Ghost could pick up conversations out of thin air.

"Hey, yeah, that's right," Terry said. "You heard us talking about it, Ghost?"

Kinsey was smiling. "Yeah, we've been discussing that. We haven't firmed up the plans yet, though."

Steve continued..."Ok, so Ghost had an idea, and I think it was an excellent idea, and now we're presenting it to y'all." He nodded at Ghost to get the cards out.

Ghost reached into his backpack, taking out the cards. "This was my idea, and this here gift is from both of us, and I made y'all these here cards, and...just read them, ok?" He handed them to Terry and Kinsey.

"At the same time?" asked Terry.

"Yes, then you can read each other's if you want to."

Terry and Kinsey opened the envelopes, and began reading.

Steve and Ghost watched their reaction, hoping it would be good. Kinsey admired the artwork on his card, then read the inside.

"Guys..." he said, as his lip quivered, and he sniffled a bit.

At the same time, Terry looked at his. "Hey, it's like tie-dye...cool, Ghost." He read the inside..."Aw, dudes, this is so nice of y'all." He cleared his suddenly tight throat.

Then, they both opened the smaller, money envelopes that had been enclosed.

"Oh, my God," Terry said, his mouth dropped open.

"What? For me? This is too much, guys," Kinsey said.

Ghost and Steve were smiling big. "Yeah, for both of ya. We love y'all, and wanted to do something nice for y'all," Ghost said, hopping up and down.

"It's our way to show y'all appreciation for all you've done for us," said Steve.

"Well, thank you, this really is a surprise," Kinsey said. He came over to give them a hug.

"We're gonna have some fun with this, right Kinsey?" Terry said. "Thanks, dudes."

Terry looked at Kinsey, "Dude, we're gonna have the time of our lives. We've got plannin' to do."

"I'll say," Kinsey said. "Really, guys...thanks. Hey, I'm getting excited, now."

Ghost hugged Kinsey and Terry. "I'm so happy y'all liked our present."

"When are you planning to go, Kinsey?" Steve asked. "And, for how long?"

"As soon as we can, Steve. I'd say by next week, if we can get it all planned out. What do you think, Terry?"

"Man, I'd go right now, but yeah, next week should give us time to get plane tickets, and reservations, and all that," Terry said.

"You already know where you're going, then?" asked Steve.

"Yeah, we already talked about it," said Kinsey. "We're going to do some things we both always wanted to do."

~
Next part coming soon!




Peace, Love, & Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment