Friday, March 13, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... #140

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 140
warning...adult content



~
As Steve and Ghost reached the back of the big cemetery, they looked over the grounds, that spread over a few acres. "How ya gonna do it this time," Steve asked. "This one is huge."

"Guess I could just stand here at my grandmother's grave, and holler real loud," Ghost said.

"Ok, and you can get loud," Steve laughed. "I think it'll work."

So, they repeated the meeting words, and sang their song again. Then, Ghost wished his grandmother a happy All Soul's Day, and said he'd talk to her later. "I feel her with me, Steve. She's sending love and calmness to me, and she says to you, too. Can you feel it?"

"I think I can, Ghost," Steve smiled. He did feel a calm, peaceful feeling surrounding him.

They went back home, to await the night, and the séance.

~
By late afternoon, Kinsey hadn't heard from anyone, so he started making phone calls. Terry was up first.

"Hey, Kinsey," Terry said, answering his phone. "Can you hang on a second, I'm with a customer."

Finished ringing up the customer's purchase, he got back to Kinsey. "What's up?"

"Just wondering if you'd heard from Steve, or any of the guys today."

"Nope, just been busy here at the shop. Had a pretty good run of business, today. You heard anything?"

"No, and I thought we were supposed to meet out at Trevor's house, sometime or other, tonight," Kinsey said.

"Oh, yeah...that's tonight, huh?" Terry said. "Well, are you gonna call them and see what time? Then, you can let me know, too. I can close up anytime."

"Yeah, I'm going to call Steve, now. Do you want to ride out there with me, later?" Kinsey asked.

"Sure, that'd be fine, Kinsey...talk to ya later."

Kinsey dialed up Steve's phone, next. It rang quite a few times before Steve answered.

"Steve, where y'all been? Aren't we all supposed to meet out at Trevor's tonight?"

"Yeah, that's the plan," Steve said.

"Well, what time? Terry and I will be coming in together, but we need to know when."

"Uh, just a minute, I'll ask Ghost," Steve said, setting the phone down.

Kinsey could faintly hear them talking, and wondered how Ghost could possibly know what time they'd go over there. Then Steve was back.

"Ok, Ghost is almost ready...maybe give it about an hour, ok? We'll meet y'all there."

"Everything, ok?" Kinsey asked.

"Yeah, sure, we're fine...had a great day, and we're ready as we'll ever be, I guess," Steve laughed.

"Ok, see ya there," Kinsey said. He was confused. Those two in a good mood, when what they had planned was scary as hell? He shrugged. "Guess I'll call Zach, then."

He did, and asked Zach, "Where were y'all last night? I thought y'all would be back here."

"Oh, well, our room was messed up, so we stayed in the motel out on the highway," Zach explained.

"Are you and Trevor ready for things tonight? I talked to Steve, and they plan on being at your place in about an hour. Terry and I will be there too. Does that sound ok?" Kinsey asked.

"Sure, guess we'll see ya then, Kinsey...we're ready to go do this," Zach said, then laughed at something Trevor said in the background.

"Are y'all ok over there?" Kinsey asked. He was still puzzled.

"Yeah, no problems here," Zach said.

"Ok...see y'all in a few," Kinsey said, and hung up. Am I the only one concerned about this séance thing? They all are acting strange, happy-go-lucky strange. Maybe they all smoked weed, and forgot to invite me. It's too weird how they're acting, after the past few days. This better not be a hoax at my expense...

He grabbed a bottle of his private stash of whiskey, from upstairs, and downed a couple of shots. I need to catch up with the good mood...

He heard banging on the back door. When he opened it, Terry came in saying, "Hey, thought you were gonna call me back."

"Oh, sorry...I forgot. I did talk to the guys, and they're all meeting out there in an hour...well, less, now. They were acting strange. Guess that's what threw me off about calling you back."

"Why strange?" Terry asked, as he got himself a bottle of beer from the cooler.

"Well, you tell me...you're acting funny, too...why?" Kinsey asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"Everyone's in a really happy mood...like we're going to a party, or something. Nobody's worried, or scared anymore? I figured y'all smoked shit, and didn't ask me," Kinsey laughed.

Terry tipped back his beer, "Ahh, I needed this after the day I've had," he said. "Well, Kinsey, first you worry 'cause everyone's scared...now, it's 'cause everyone's happy?" he shrugged. "I don't know about the others, but I didn't smoke anything, yet. I just had a good day at work. I didn't even remember about tonight, until you called. You say they were all laughing and feeling good?"

"Yeah, and I'm beginning to think this is all a big trick on me, and maybe you, too...I don't know anymore what's going on, but I'm gonna find out, soon as we get over there," Kinsey said, downing another shot of whiskey.

"I'm up for it, any way it goes down...let's go," Terry said, heading for the door.

~

Trevor and Zach got to the house first, and just sat in the car, waiting for the others. The sun was going down behind the trees, but it was still light out. "You ready for this, Trev?" Zach asked.

"Yep, it's time. It's been too long, and I'm feeling confident this séance, and Ghost can put an end to it."

Zach nodded, "Oh, Steve said you should have a safe word...in case it gets to be too much...and we'll quit."

"Yeah, I've been thinking what it should be," Trevor said. "At first, I thought maybe Birdland, but that's too close to what this is all about."

"Yeah, it is. Well, you could go with a food...Ghost's is pancakes..." Zach giggled.

"That's funny. I don't know..." Trevor thought some more. "Maybe Jamaica? I loved it there...good memories."

"Ok, that's good...and I'll tell the others. If you say Jamaica, then we'll know to stop."

Just then, Kinsey and Terry pulled into the driveway. "Hey, guys," Terry said, getting out of the car. "Y'all ready for this?"

"Yeah, soon as Ghost and Steve get here," Zach said.

They were all leaning up against their cars, catching up with each other's day. No one mentioned what was about to take place.

~
Ghost and Steve were slow about getting out the door to go over to the house.

"Ghost, ya ready? They're probably out there, already...waiting on us," Steve said.

"In a minute. I have to make sure I got everything," Ghost said.

"Dude, you already checked a bunch of times. I checked it...it's all there. C'mon, already," Steve said, getting impatient.

"I know, but I have to do this. It don't feel right, yet," Ghost said.

Steve rolled his eyes, "Don't tell me ya got OCD now, too."

"What's that?"

"Nevermind...just hurry up." Steve figured Ghost was just stalling, afraid to actually do the séance, but he wasn't about to say anything. "I'm gonna be out on the porch, Ghost," he hollered.

Ghost checked the items, again, and zipped up his backpack. For good measure, he went into the back room, and got a special potion he'd salvaged from the stock of his grandmother's. It was a small vial of liquid, that she'd labeled 'courage'. He drank it down in one gulp, made a face, and headed for the door.

Then, it hit him...he started to sweat. Beads of it ran down his face. He wiped his arm over his forehead. I'm so hot...what was in that potion?

He stumbled out the front door, and Steve gasped, "What the hell, Ghost?"

~

Next part coming soon!



Peace, Love, & Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment