Monday, March 23, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... # 146

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 146
warning...adult content




~
As Terry and Kinsey sat in the club's office, they could hear the cleaning crew moving their machines upstairs.

"When do ya figure you'll open up again?" Terry asked.

"That's a good question," Kinsey said. "I need to get it open as soon as I can, but man, what I really need is a vacation."

"I hear ya, Dude," Terry laughed.

"Yeah, it gets slow this time of year anyway. The holidays coming up, college kids taking their finals...but, then it'll pick up again for New Year's Eve parties," Kinsey said.

"Hey, I have an idea," Terry said, "why don't we blow this town for a couple of weeks...go somewhere we can relax, or cut loose, or whatever. Then we'll be in a better frame of mind when we get back." He was getting excited, now.

Kinsey was shaking his head no, but was warming to the idea, as he said, "Terry, that's a crazy idea. We never went on a vacation together before, in all these years. Besides, where'd we go?"

Terry could tell, Kinsey was actually getting on board, with this. "Dude, you name it. The possibilities are endless. What do you like to do...besides this club? What's something you always dreamed of doing?" He smiled and waited to see what Kinsey would come up with.

"Well, let me see..." Kinsey thought a minute. "If we're just talking..."

"No, man, we're planning it for real. This place will still be here when we get back," Terry said. "Now, name something...I'm open to anything."

Kinsey smiled, "Ok then, I've always wanted to see the Grand Canyon...oh, and go deep sea fishing. That's my suggestions. Now, what's yours?"

"Those sound great, Kinsey. I'd like to do those too."

"Uh-uh, you get a choice, too," Kinsey said, "or hell, maybe we'll do it all."

"Well, ok then," Terry said. "If I gotta name two things..." he grinned, "I want to go to Disneyland...you know, and Hollywood, and see some movie stars...man, I always wanted to do that." He was looking off into the distance with a dreamy look on his face, imagining how it would be. "Oh, I want to see the Statue of Liberty, and New York, too. That's it, those are my choices."

Kinsey was smiling, "Never knew you had dreams like that, Terry. After all these years, guess there's a lot we don't know about each other."

Terry shrugged, "Yeah, but now we do, and I kinda like it."

They continued to make plans. Kinsey forgot all about calling Steve and Ghost.

~
On Burnt Church Road, Steve and Ghost had slept around the clock. Right before noon though, Steve got up because Spirit was hungry again, and kept pestering them.

"Ok, cat, I'm up," he said, as he stumbled out to the kitchen. He gave the cat some food, and then started a pot of coffee brewing.  After freshening up in the bathroom, he looked in on Ghost. He'd wait until the coffee was ready, then wake him up. He figured they'd just chill out all day, as he was still dragging around, feeling tired, but not sleepy anymore. He poured them both a mug of coffee, then bringing them into the bedroom.

Setting the mugs down on the little bedside table, he sat on the edge of the bed, watching Ghost take slow, even breaths. He noticed the dark circles beneath his eyes. "I hope this hasn't been too much for him," he thought. Reaching over, he softly touched Ghost's cheek. He wished he could rub away the tiredness from him. Ghost's eyes flickered in his dream, and he mumbled something.

Then Ghost opened his eyes, seeing Steve staring and smiling at him. "Mmm I smell coffee," he said as he stretched. "Was it a dream?"

"No, I have your coffee right here," Steve said.

Ghost scooted up on the bed, and propped pillows behind him, taking the coffee from Steve. He warmed his hands, and inhaled the rich aroma. "Just what I needed."

They sat in silence, enjoying their coffee for a few minutes.

"Hey, Steve, are we doing anything today?"

"Not me, I'm just relaxing and doing nothing. I'm still beat from the other night."

Ghost nodded, and sighed. "Me, too."

"So, I'm gonna go get us some cereal ready," Steve said as he got up. "Come and get some when you're ready."

Ghost finished his coffee, then went into the bathroom to check in the mirror to see how his scratches looked this morning. They were still there, but not as red. Going into the kitchen, he watched as Steve cooked grits on the stove. "I thought we were having cold cereal."

"Yeah, this sounded better...sit down, it's ready." They ate, as Spirit romped around the house, making them laugh.

"You want to talk about all that shit the other night?" Steve asked.

Ghost shook his head, "No, it's over...it's finished, and I don't even want to think about it."

"Ok, then," Steve said. He was tired of thinking of it, too.

"I had a dream," Ghost said. "It was something we talked about awhile back, but it seemed like it was really fixin' to happen, like soon."

"What was it we talked about?" Steve asked.

"About giving Terry a surprise vacation, you remember?"

"Oh yeah, for letting us use the studio, and recording our CD. What's happened now...in your dream?" Steve asked.

"Well, it was Terry and and Kinsey. They're planning to go away on a vacation together. They were right here in my head, talking about it. So, we better find out, and see if it's true," Ghost said.

"Really...that's what you dreamed? Guess you're right then, we could send both of them off on a cool vacation...oh, it could be a combination one...a thank you, and a Christmas present for them both."

Ghost smiled, "Yeah, let's do it. Have you heard from Kinsey?"

"No, the phone hasn't rung, and I haven't called. I wonder...should I call him? I mean, we just woke up, maybe he's still asleep over there," Steve said.

"No, he's up already...I saw him...him and Terry, and they were talking about their vacation. I just told ya that. And, Zach and Trevor were over there, too, and those cleaning people were there. Why don't you remember these things, Steve?" Ghost sighed.

Steve shrugged, "Because, I'm not in your head, having your dream, that's why."

"Oh, well...all that is happening over there. I didn't dream that part...I just know." Ghost smiled.

"Uh-huh, well, if you know so much, what am I fixin' to do?" Steve asked.

"You're fixin' to call Kinsey, that's what you said."

"Yeah, I am, but there's something else, first," Steve smiled and gave Ghost a funny look.

Ghost pretended to think hard about it..."Uh, just wait...it's coming to me," he rubbed his head. I think...no, I know ..." he flipped his hair back, because he knew it would get to Steve. You'll have to catch me first." He laughed, and started running through the house.

"Come here, you," Steve hollered. "You know I can't go chasing you around." He grabbed his crutches, and tried to corner Ghost.

Ghost had ran into the bedroom, and Steve came as fast as he was able. "Now you're trapped," Steve said, as he closed the bedroom door.

"Well, come over here and catch me then," Ghost said, as he dove onto the bed, and pulled the blankets over himself.

~
Next part coming soon!



Peace, Love, & Writing




No comments:

Post a Comment