Friday, March 18, 2016

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... # 295

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 295
warning...adult content




~
Breathing hard, Steve glared down at Ghost. He was as angry as he'd ever been at him, now, thinking he'd been tricked, been played. He continued yelling, even as a rational thought zinged through his mind...this is actually working...Ghost is rallying...he's coming around...

He reached down, grabbed Ghost's wrist again, and yanked him upright, but as he did, they both heard a crack. Ghost cried out from the pain.

"Fuck, now look what you made me do. You gonna cry about that, too? Stand up here...don't you dare flake out on me." Steve said. For some reason, he felt himself wanting Ghost in the worst way. He realized how sick that made him, but he didn't care. He'd gone too far to turn back. Entwining his fingers into Ghost's long hair, he pulled him close into his chest, then yanked hard, so Ghost's head was thrown back, exposing his throat. He was surprised that Ghost didn't struggle from his grip, so he kissed him, with passion fueled by his anger.

Ghost met him with his own love/hate of this kind of arousal. He felt it too, and ignoring the pain in his right hand, he latched onto Steve's hair, pulling him in for more. His lust for Steve was all he could think of, now. He had to have him.

They again sank down into the soft sand, panting each other's name, as they tore off their clothes. The sky had now grown dark, concealing them from any prying eyes. Only the stars above watched them consummate their love for each other that night.

~
Melody kept walking slowly down the beach, looking for any sign of Steve and Ghost. The sun had already disappeared behind the dunes to the west, leaving only a few streaks of pink reflecting on the high clouds. Her eyes were adjusting to the growing darkness, little by little. The sound of the lapping waves, washing rhythmically ashore, was the only sound.

"I'm definitely a beach person," she thought. "Ghost may be from the mountains, but give me the ocean, any time."

Getting back to what she was supposed to be doing, she continued walking down the shore. She wasn't afraid of getting lost, in the dark; she knew she could just turn around, follow the shore in the other direction back to their camping spot. Still looking ahead, she figured she should be getting close to finding them, and after another few minutes, she stopped, listening.

"Wait a minute...was that them?" she muttered. She walked faster toward the sound. "Yes, I can hear Steve...wait...he's yelling about something..." She went closer. "No, he fighting with Ghost," she said, when she heard Ghost cry out. "Oh, my God, what should I do?"

She ran forward a little ways, then turned back the other way, thinking she had to go get Linda. "No, I have to make them stop," she said, turning around again. She felt crazy, going back and forth, so finally began running back to get Linda, or at least tell her what was going on. She didn't hear any more yelling from Steve, at least.

Coming upon the campsite, she was out of breath, so just motioned for Linda to wait a second.

"What is it?" Linda asked. "Did you find them?"

"Yeah, they're way off down the beach, and they were fighting," she managed to say. "Steve was yelling, and then I heard Ghost holler like he was hurt, then I didn't hear any more." Melody said, then took a second to get her breath. "I still didn't see them, I just heard them, so I ran back here. What should we do?" She sat on the sand then, her legs shaking, and her heart still pounding

"Here," Linda said, handing her a bottle of water. "It was quiet when you left?"

"Yeah, is that a good sign? Should I have tried to make them stop?"

"No, better that you came back. We'll just wait for them," Linda said, looking out toward the water. "They know where we are, and it probably wasn't anything serious, at least I hope not. I swear...those two...it's not the first time they've gotten into it with each other, and I doubt it'll be the last. They're loud, but make up pretty fast, when it's over."

"Ok, but it scared me," Melody said. She looked around. "Where's Stevie and Mandy?"

"They're already asleep over in the van. They were tired out, but I think they had fun today," Linda said. "Did you?"

"Oh, yeah, I love it here. I'd live right on the beach if I could."

Linda laughed. "Well, I'm sure we'll be back; it's really not that far from town. I wish they'd hurry back here, though. I'm tired, and it's getting late. We still have to drive home."

Melody grinned. "Oh, I don't know, we could stay overnight."

"Not me, I'm all gritty, and now I'm hungry. We didn't bring any more food, anyway."

"Oh, yeah, that could be a problem," Melody said.

After a few more minutes talking about the day they'd had, they heard Steve talking. He and Ghost were almost back to the campsite. It was really too dark to tell, but Linda looked for any sign of anger between the two of them. She didn't sense any, and they were now laughing about something. That, at least, made her feel better.

"You sure took your time getting back here," Linda said, as they flopped down on the sand, beside her and Melody.

"So...did ya miss us?" Steve asked, teasing his sister.

"No, but we were ready to leave, then y'all disappeared. Melody went looking for you...she heard yelling. What was that about?"

Steve looked over at Ghost, who just shrugged, and drew shapes in the sand. "Yelling? No, we were just discussing some things. We got it sorted out," he said.

"Hmm, ok, whatever..." Linda said, but wasn't convinced.

Frowning, Melody gave Steve a look. "I heard you yelling, Steve...loud. I ran all the way back here. Don't deny it." she said.

Steve gave her a look, back. "Just drop it, Melody. It's none of your business, anyway," he said.

Ghost looked up, startled at Steve's tone.

"Well," Melody said, "I think it kinda is my business, when it's my brother you're yelling at." She stood up, brushing sand off her shorts, then walked to the van.

Steve hollered after her, as he watched her walk away, "Don't get all high and mighty, honey...not with me...we barely know you, so stay out of it."

"Fuck you," Melody said, but didn't look back.

There was a shocked silence between the three of them left there on the sand.  "What?" Steve asked. "She asked for it. I don't care who she is, it's not for her to say anything about me and Ghost." He saw Linda's expression. "And, you can stop looking at me like that, Linda; same goes for you, too. You're my sister, and I love you, and she's Ghost's sister, and I guess they love each other...I don't know...but, dammit, y'all both stay out of it. If we want y'all's opinion, we'll ask for it," Steve said.

~
Next part coming soon!



Peace, Love, & Writing

2 comments: