Friday, March 25, 2016

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... # 298

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 298
warning...adult content




~
Steve felt himself scooting backwards on the sand, away from Ghost, but didn't know how he was doing it. He didn't know how he could move at all. How could he be afraid of Ghost? Why was Ghost doing this to him?

He heard a muffled scream...where was that coming from?

"Steve, Steve...wake up," Ghost said. He pinched Steve's arm, hard. It made Steve scream. "Wake up," Ghost yelled, right up in Steve's face. Steve felt Ghost's hot breath on him, and dared to open his eyes, again. Ghost's long hair was hanging in his face, tickling his cheeks. He blinked, trying to clear his eyes.

"Ghost?"

"Wake up...you fainted," Ghost yelled, and shook Steve's shoulders.

"What? Wait...you did something to me...stay away," Steve said, cringing.

Ghost sat back, "Huh? What are you talking about?"

Steve pushed himself up on his elbows. Looking closer at Ghost, he saw that he looked normal now, not with the weird eyes from before. "You made me see things," he said. "Nothing was normal, and you were mean and scary."

"Why would I..." Ghost began, but Steve interrupted him.

"You mind controlled me. You gave me a nightmare of every bad thing I ever did, and you were laughing about it. I can't explain it, just don't do it again, please Ghost, don't do it again."
~

By this time Linda and Melody had ran over to see why Steve was screaming. Out of breath, Linda said, "What's the matter? Are you hurt?"

Ghost looked at her, then back to Steve. "Yeah, we're ok. I think Steve fainted, and he had a nightmare, or something."

Steve tried sitting up, but was still groggy. "That was no nightmare. That was you...you were doing things in my head."

"Calm down, Steve," Linda said. "We don't know what you're talking about. Ghost said you fainted, and we heard you scream. What were you dreaming about?"

Steve pointed to Ghost. "Ask him, he did it. He made me see things...bad thing."

Ghost reached over to touch Steve's arm, to reassure him, to let him know he didn't manipulate his mind.

"Stay away from me," Steve said, as he dodged Ghost's hand. "You're the craziest son-of-a-bitch I ever knew. I don't know why I ever saved you in the first place. I had a feeling, way back then, that nothing good would come of it. Now, it's finally here," Steve was breathing hard, and now narrowed his eyes. "You've held me prisoner of your damn fantasy world long enough. I'm done with it. I'm done with you. Go away...go away...I'm commanding you, devil's spawn...be gone."

"Steve...Steve..." Linda tried to get his attention, to break his train of thought. "Come here. Come over here with me," she said. Grabbing Steve's hands, she pulled him up, and led him away down the beach.

"I mean it, Linda. I'm done. I've had enough. Get him away from me...from me...from me..." He was sobbing now. Linda held onto him, letting him cry it out.
~

Melody sat down in the sand, next to Ghost. "What the hell was he going on about?" she asked. "Why was he saying those mean things?"

Ghost was stunned speechless, at Steve's outburst.

"Ghost, answer me," Melody said.

He looked up in confusion. "I...uh...I don't know. He thinks I controlled his dream? He thinks I put bad things in his head? I don't know why. I didn't do any of that," Ghost said. After a few seconds, he looked Melody in the eyes, "I didn't do that to Steve, but something did. Something had ahold of him...something bad. That must be the omen, you remember, from before? Maybe...now, Steve thinks he hates me. I know he doesn't, but right now, he does." He took Melody's hands. "We have to get it off of him."

"Shut up over there. Quit talking about me," Steve yelled.

"What can we do, Ghost?" Melody asked. "It's so late, and we're not even home, and Steve has to drive us back." She thought for a minute. "I guess I could drive his car back. I don't know what to think, what to do. Besides, he really does hate me, and he wouldn't let me drive his car, anyway."
~

"What happened out here, Steve?" Linda asked. "What were y'all talking about right before all this yelling started? Do you remember?"

Steve nodded. "Hell, yeah I remember. I told Ghost it was over with us...for real...for good. Then he started doing something to my head. He didn't want to hear what I said, and he made it worse, and he knew it, and wouldn't stop. It wasn't a dream, Linda, it wasn't."

"Ok, so why on Earth would you break up with Ghost?" Linda asked. "You love him, Steve. It's not right." She stopped to take a deep breath. "You didn't mean it, did you?"

"Yeah, 'cause I know I'm no good for him. I make things worse. He could have been happy all these years, but I kept him for myself, and I did bad things, and I just now figured it out. So yeah, it's for the best." He rubbed his face. "But, now he's gone all crazy about it. It's all messed up. I think it's the other way around, now. He made me  stay with his mind powers," Steve said.

Linda was so confused. he knew they all were, at this point. "Ok, so we all need to calm down, and talk it out...like now. You need to quit being..." she stopped. She didn't want to say what she was thinking, which was that Steve was being ridiculous about the whole thing.

"Steve, you've done the best you can. I know you never meant for Ghost to be hurt, or you either, but you both have been. Now, it's time to put it right. But, listen to me...we are exhausted. We are away from home, and we have to get back. The kids might wake up, with all this noise. We have to call a truce, or something. Do you understand?"

"I'm not taking him home with me, Linda...no way...not yet," he said, shaking his head.

"Fine, then he can ride with me, but we are not just leaving him here. He can stay with us at Kinsey's, but in the morning, it has to be dealt with."

"Yeah, sure, whatever..." Steve said.

"Ok, then, let me go tell them how it's going to be, and then let's go home," Linda said.

~
Next part coming soon!



Peace, Love, & Writing

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this enjoyable post

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Martin! Hope you had a wonderful day! Thanks for your support and comments. :)

    ReplyDelete