Tuesday, November 19, 2013

FLASH FICTION

What is Flash Fiction? That's what I asked when I first heard the term. By doing a little research online and reading other people's flash fiction stories, here is what I found out.

It is a form of writing fiction that is very short. Some stories can be as short as 75 words or as long as 1,500 words long. They can also be called micro-fiction, short-short stories, and sudden fiction among others.

The stories should follow a criteria of having a beginning, middle, and end. In other words, a complete story told in a way that it stands alone, and is easy to read in a short amount of time.

I have never done this before, but am going to try it. This first one I hope will be the beginning of many more, as I plan to keep working on this type of writing.

Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I had fun writing it!







Peace, Love, & Learning

No comments:

Post a Comment