Tuesday, November 5, 2013

FOREBODING

Definition of forebode is to have an inward conviction of a coming ill or misfortune......to portend or foretell......a prediction, an omen or presentiment especially of coming evil.

Have you ever had a foreboding experience?   I know I have on several occasions.   It is a really odd feeling, a heavy feeling that something bad was going to happen.   It will not leave you alone until the incident has happened.

You may not even know what it is about until later.   It's just a creepy, apprehensive feeling in your mind that you want resolved so you can stop thinking about it.   It's like a stalker, you can't see it, but it's there.   It disrupts everything you try to do, and even intrudes on your thinking.   You know it's not good.

Then, some event will happen and the strangeness you've been feeling will be gone.   You look back and say, that was why I was feeling so weird!

Three times I remember this has happened to me.   Once, I had the dreaded feeling all day.   Couldn't shake it.    That evening we got a telegram (we didn't have a phone at the time) delivered to our door.   It just said, 'call home'.   We found a pay phone to call from.    We were informed that a person close to the family had been killed in a tragic accident.  

Another time I'd had that feeling all day, we got a phone call that my Dad was in the hospital.   He'd been injured on the job (a broken arm).

The most recent incident was concerning some medicine I'd been perscribed.   I dreaded taking it......had that foreboding feeling about it.   I just could not make myself take any of it.    I did call the doctor, though, and told him there was no way I would take it, because it would kill me......I would certainly die if I did.   He prescribed another medicine, and I was fine with it.   The feeling that I would die from the other one was so strong!   There was no way I was going to ignore my intuition about it.

So, I really hate getting that foreboding feeling, but in a way I guess it is helpful in some situations!    I would sugggest that if you ever have that sixth sense, that foreboding feeling yourself.....pay attention to it!   





Peace, Love, & Intuition

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I don't know if I get these. Maybe I do, maybe not. I think its a fine line between distinguishing anxiety from the sense of foreboding. I have anxiety/worry constantly but I'm not sure I would know if it was foreboding. Or maybe I have just never had but I would just "know" if I did. Interesting!
    Side note: Seeing as you're kind of a technology addict at this point, I can't imagine you without all of your devices. I didn't know you used to get telegrams! How would you play Words With Friends via telegram?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Mallory! It is hard to explain. When I got the strong feelings about something bad happening, I wasn't thinking about the events beforehand to be anxious or worried about them. Only later when as soon as the event was made known to me, the strange feeling went away. I know I'm always scared to take a new medicine, but take it anyway...except this time was different. I tried to take it, had it up to my mouth, but something warned me not to. I don't know, but I am aware of that now and don't want to have those foreboding feelings again! .......and, yes it was in the 'olden' days of telegrams! haha! Technology has come a long way, and I would not want to revert to those days again, because ...there are games to be played now! ;-)

      Delete