Sunday, April 13, 2014

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE .....Thirtieth installment

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
(30th installment)
Warning....adult content







"He told me everything, Steve...about everything, his whole life poured out in front of me...the good times and the bad. The death of his grandmother was especially hard for him. She was my best friend back then, Steve. I told her not to take Ghost away, but she wouldn't listen. He told me about you, too. What you did to him...Steve, when my husband found him out there by the graveyard, and brought him here," she let a tear fall, "he was dead, Steve. I'm convinced of that. We carried him inside and laid him on the bed. There were a couple of last breaths, and he whispered your name. We were frantic. We didn't know what to do, but we gave him CPR as best we could. It took so long, but he finally came back to us." She paused for a moment.

"He wasn't right, Steve. He was out of his mind, didn't know where he was, who he was, only mumbled gibberish. He had these awful shaking fits, saw visions, screamed in the night. And then his injuries were taking so long to heal. There was infection and high fevers. I gave him all the medicine I could. It finally started to work. Slowly, he began to recover. At least his body did...his spirit, his life force was almost completely gone. He had no real will to live, was kind of upset that he did live...kept begging me to just forget about him, to let him go. But, I could never do that. I loved him already...he was my best friend's grandson. I'd never let him will himself to die.

He got well enough. I urged him to get out in the community to get to know people, to learn some of his heritage. It was ok for a while, but then it started with the others. I was afraid for him...and he knew he should leave...and so, he did. I've not heard anything from him since. I pray every day for his safety. Steve, if anyone can find him, it's you. I know that when he is ready to be found, he will let you know. His gift is so strong, he will make himself known, and I'm sure he will someday," she paused again.

Steve could not stop sobbing. She reached over and wrapped him in her arms. He needed someone to care about him as much as Ghost did. "What will become of these two," she wondered, "these two who are meant to be together for all of time?" She didn't know, but she had faith that somehow it work out, if not in this lifetime, maybe in the next. She knew in her heart that their souls were intertwined since the beginning of time, and they'd had many meetings before...and here they were again, struggling to make it work.

Finally, Steve could form words, again. "Why would Ghost even want me now? He hates me, he put a curse on me! He'd never let me find him!" he despaired.

She was surprised to hear that Ghost had put a curse on Steve. How did he even know about things like that? It must be an innate knowledge, passed down for generations.

"Don't fret about it, Steve. I know you are a good person, deep inside. Something evil possessed you beyond your control that night. It was decided many lifetimes ago, that both of your souls would have strife, that you and Ghost would meet and part many, many times over the millennia. Ghost is always meant to be your soul-mate, and you are his. It was written in the stars. Ghost will never forsake you, Steve. That is the one thing you can count on. He will come back to you...when the time is right.

Ghost loves you, a love so deep and pure, that he would die for you, he would die because of you, he would die without you. He's already proven that, in so many ways. Have faith, Steve. I can tell, you must think I'm just an old, crazy, raving lunatic, talking gobbledygook, but trust me, I'm speaking the truth."

Steve nodded, and said he'd try. "So, what now? Do I just wait around for a mind message from Ghost to come get him, or what? How am I supposed to do that? I need to do something..it's killing me!"

She smiled, and told him that's all he could really do. "Be open to any feelings you get, anything strange or out of order...it could be a message from Ghost. You think it's impossible, but just let go, Steve. It's more difficult when you try too hard to figure it out. Relax and let the messages come and guide you. You can still search for him, do what you can, leave your flyers and information everywhere you go. It may help."

Steve jumped up from the chair, and paced around. "Don't tell me again 'when the time is right'! The time is right for me to find him right now!"

She could understand his frustration. "Then go...go do everything you can, Steve. He needs you just as much as you need him. I'll pray for your success and safety, as I will for Ghost's." She squeezed his hands.

Steve closed his eyes and nodded, "I know," he whispered. He turned to leave, but she stopped him.

"Steve, wait, I just remembered something." She went upstairs. When she came back down, she had an envelope in her hands. "This is yours...from Ghost. He said he knew you'd be here someday, and to give this to you. You would know it was from him, and no one else.

Steve opened the sealed envelope. Inside was a short note, in Ghost's handwriting, in sky blue marker. It said,

"I'm so lost, Steve. I still love you. Ghost"...and with the note was two crumpled up silver stars that had been in Ghost's back pack. They'd come from the ceiling in Ghost's bedroom in Missing Mile.




Next installment coming soon!





Peace, Love, & Writing




No comments:

Post a Comment