Friday, February 6, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE...# 125

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 125
warning...adult content




~
As Steve drove down the main street of town, they saw Zach's car parked in front of the Yew. "There's where they are," he said. They didn't stop. At home they ate supper and just relaxed, while watching a movie. It had been a long and crazy day.

~
At the club, Zach, Terry, R. J. and Calvin, practiced their songs, while Trevor was their main audience. A few of the regular weekday crowd were in, for games and beer, but the club kids never came, until the weekend or on special occasions.

As the band took a short break, Kinsey caught Zach's eye, motioning him over.

"Hey, Kinsey, what's up?" Zach asked, as he grabbed a cold beer at the bar.

"First, I want y'all here by seven, tomorrow night," Kinsey said. "It's gonna get crowded fast, and I want y'all ready for the show, on time, at nine."

Zach nodded, "Sure thing, we'll be ready."

"Another thing," Kinsey said, "I heard from Ghost and Steve, today. They mentioned something about a séance y'all are having out at your place? What's going on?"

"Oh, yeah," Zach grinned, "Ghost said he'd try and clear out the house. We've been having some weird shit going on, lately. We just thought it might help." He took a long drink of his beer.

"Zach, that's not a good idea...messing around with that. I don't know what all has been happening out there, but leave it alone. You don't need to be involving Ghost and Steve," Kinsey said. He shook his head, sighing. "They aren't miracle workers, ya know."

"Oh, Kinsey, chill out, man. It's kinda all for fun, anyway, but maybe the weirdness will stop," Zach laughed.

Kinsey narrowed his eyes, and clenched his jaw, hearing this. "Listen, Zach...don't be telling me to 'chill out'. I don't go for rudeness. Maybe that's 'cool' where you're from, but not here, not to me, and not in my club...got it?"

Kinsey had a soft spot for all kinds of kids, but he wouldn't put up with any guff from any of them. Most learned quickly, how far they could take it. Zach just needed a little more 'learning'.

"Sorry, Kinsey," Zach said, "I didn't mean anything bad, just forgot my manners for a second. Forgive me?" he looked at Kinsey, a small smile on his lips.

"Yeah, sure, Zach...but really, think about what I said. It's dangerous business, and I just want y'all to be safe, ok?"

Yeah, I'll talk it over with Trev. It was his idea, anyway. It's his house, his family..."

"What kind of things are going on out there, that you'd need a ghostbuster?"

Zach sighed, shaking his head, "Just crazy stuff, like the lights going on and off, the water either not working, or turning muddy...oh, and Trev's drawings getting shredded. It's been going on for awhile. We tried to do something one time, ya know, to find out what was making it do that. We both nearly died...or at least the house made us think so."

"Ok, that's enough," Kinsey said. "I want y'all out of there, now. You can stay here. Get rid of that place, bulldoze it, just leave it alone."

"I'm gonna try to persuade Trevor, but I brought it up before, and he wouldn't hear of it. And, guess wherever he is, I'm there, too. If I can protect him, I will."

"I'll talk to him, too," Kinsey said.

"Well, let me try first, ok?" He looked over to the stage. "Oh, they're calling me back up there...gotta go. Thanks for the beer."

Kinsey was worried, but what else could he do? He figured they were grown-ups, and they could do whatever they wanted. He shrugged, and went back to work. Every one of these guys are like my own kids, no matter how old they are. I just hope the things they get into won't hurt them. He could hear the band start up again. He thought they sounded good, and he knew the kids liked them, but it wasn't his type of music to listen to, if he had the choice. It was kind of hard on his ears. He preferred Lost Souls? type of music, more laid back, and he could understand the words. Oh well, whatever brings in the customers...

After awhile, the guys called it a night, and began packing up to leave. Terry came over to get a cold beer, and to talk. "How'd it sound?" he asked Kinsey.

Kinsey shrugged, "Sounded good, I guess. I still don't get it, though." 

"Man, ya gotta go with the flow...the kids dig it...it's the latest thing out there," Terry laughed.

"I know, and even if I don't get it, it sounded good...and loud. It's gonna be a madhouse here tomorrow, ya know."

"Yeah, I hope so, and I can't wait," Terry said.

Then, Kinsey brought up the subject of the séance. "Did ya hear the latest?"

"The latest what?"

"That séance the guys are planning out at Trevor's house."

Terry frowned, "What?"

"Yeah, seems they asked Ghost to do a séance, and chase away bad spirits, or something like that," Kinsey said.

"When are they planning on doing it?"

"In a couple of days, or nights...or I don't know. Zach said it was just for fun, but Trevor was serious about it...said some weird things were going on out there." Kinsey got them both another beer. "And, you know Ghost, he's all about helping out. I get the feeling they're all a bit scared, but are doing it, anyway."

"Damn, that could get a little crazy out there," Terry said. He thought about it a minute. "Hmm...wonder if they need a couple more participants?" he pointed to himself and to Kinsey, smiling.

"Huh?" Kinsey frowned. "What...you want to go out there...you want us to go out there?" He was shaking his head.

"Wait, wait...sounds farfetched and all...and we're both skeptics, but at least we could be there to keep things in line...rein 'em in if we need to...or even put a stop to it, if it gets too hairy, ya know?" Terry said. "Besides, aren't you curious to actually see what, if anything, happens?"

"Terry, you're talking crazy, now. I know we don't believe that crap...except for Ghost, but it still spooks me to think of going in that house. If anything's true, it's that house had bad stuff stuck in there. No way you're getting me to go along out there. Uh-uh..."

Terry smiled, "Ok, but I'm gonna do it...watch me. And, I'll bet you ten dollars you're gonna change your mind, Kinsey." He laughed, slapping Kinsey on the back. "I gotta go pack up...but, you'll see, you'll go out there, too."

Kinsey started turning out the lights and locking up the club. Everyone had left by now. Upstairs in his apartment, Kinsey tried to forget the talk he and Terry had had. He agreed on one thing Terry had pointed out. If things did go bad, at least there'd be two rational people there to set things straight. The more he thought about it, maybe he should go. Damn, Terry was right...I have changed my mind.

~

Next part coming soon!



Peace, Love, & Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment