Sunday, February 1, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE...#123

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 123
warning...adult content



~

Steve came into the bedroom to check on Ghost. Sitting down on the bed, he smiled, as he watched Ghost waking up, stretching and yawning.

"Hey, how ya feeling?" Steve asked.

"Um, ok...why'd ya let me sleep so long?"

"It hasn't been that long, just an hour or so."

Ghost frowned, "Huh? I slept all night, I think." He rolled over, sitting up next to Steve. Reaching down, he picked up Spirit to cuddle.

"What? You were up way earlier, don't you remember?"

Ghost thought for a minute, "No, when was that?"

Steve was getting worried. Ghost didn't remember waking and getting up earlier, and that was unusual. He always remembered what happened before having one of his spells.

"Ghost...you really don't remember? You got up early and made me coffee. You woke me up and then went outside with the cat. Then you had a seizure, and was sick all over the porch. When it was over, I helped you back to bed," Steve explained.

Ghost shook his head, trying to remember. "No, I don't remember any of that. I had a bad dream, though. I was scared of a big red dragon thing that bit me in the face." He turned his face to Steve, so he could check it for marks. "Do you see anything?"

"No, it's ok...just a dream, I guess, but the other stuff you did was real."

Ghost shrugged it off. "Oh, well, I'm awake now, and I'm hungry. I think I smelled pancakes?"

Steve was still concerned, but smiled and said, "Well, guess what....I made some for you. Come on in the kitchen." He stood, pulling Ghost up, too, got his crutches, and they made their way to the kitchen. He proudly showed Ghost the pancakes he'd made.

"You did this...you cooked?" Ghost asked, totally surprised.

"Yeah, and I cleaned up the mess I made, too."

"Get me a plate, I'll go wash up," Ghost said.

Steve warmed up the food, and had it ready on the table, when Ghost returned. "Dig in, Dude...I already ate."

Ghost did, and ate all that was there. Steve watched, and waited in anticipation of what Ghost would say about his cooking ability. He wasn't disappointed, when Ghost complimented him on how good they were.

"That was so good, Steve, thank you for fixing them for me." He gave Steve a quick, sticky kiss.

"No problem...maybe I'll do it again sometime," Steve laughed.

They got more coffee, taking it out to the living room. Making themselves comfortable on the couch, Ghost asked, "What are we doing today?"

"Well, I thought we were going to go into town to do some more recording. Well, if Terry wants to open up the studio, today. And, we can go by and see Kinsey...see how it's coming along for the party tomorrow night," Steve said.

"Ok, let's do that, and you still have to figure out a way to do a costume, or decorate your crutches, or something...oh, and I have to go to the graveyards, like I always do," Ghost said.

"That'll be for tomorrow, though, on actual Halloween, right?"

"Oh, yeah, tomorrow?" Ghost asked.

"Mm-hmm, but for now, go get dressed, so we can go into town."

~
When they got to the Whirling Disc record shop, though, it was closed.

"Where is he?" Ghost asked. "He's always here."

"I don't know, it's weird. Let's go around back, maybe he's still at home."

They knocked on Terry's door, but got no answer. His car wasn't there in the lot, either.

Steve shrugged, "Guess we're out of luck with recording, today. Let's go see Kinsey, maybe he knows what's going on."

They walked down the block to the Yew. Pushing open the front door of the club, Steve hollered out for Kinsey.

"Back here, guys," Kinsey hollered back, from his office. 

They walked down the dimly lit hallway, to the office, pushing open the door.

"Come on in...just doing some bookkeeping this afternoon," Kinsey said, looking up from his paperwork. "What's brought y'all into town?"

"We were going to record some stuff over at Terry's, but he's not home, and the shop is closed. Do you know where he is?" Steve asked.

Kinsey leaned back in his chair, massaging his neck. "Oh, yeah...I heard him mention he was going to go find a costume for tomorrow night. Guess he went over to Raleigh. He'll be back later, I imagine...he and the others are supposed to do a rehearsal for the show."

"Oh, ok...well, what time does the shin-dig kick off, tomorrow?" Steve asked.

"Around nine...I expect lots of people will be going out for trick-or-treating, or taking little ones around...or causing mischief, before coming in here." Kinsey laughed. "Y'all coming, aren't ya?"

Steve nodded, "Yep, me and Ghost will be here, for sure. Ghost has his costume planned out, but with these..." he jiggled the crutches, "don't know how much I can do."

"How much longer until that cast comes off?" Kinsey asked.

"A couple more weeks, I think," Steve sighed. "I'm ready to get rid of it, for sure."

"Yeah, I'll bet you are. Hey, didn't Ghost come in here with you? Where'd he go?" Kinsey asked.

"Guess he's out there writing on the wall. I'll go find him in a minute," Steve said. He looked down, shaking his head. "He had another spell, this morning. It was pretty bad."

"Damn, he ok, now?"

"I think so, but this time he didn't remember anything about it. Didn't even remember that he'd been awake earlier, or what he'd been doing. I made him go back to bed, then when he woke up, he thought it was the first time he'd been up." He frowned, biting his bottom lip. "It worries me, ya know."

"Yeah, me too," Kinsey said. "Did he seem worried about it, or say anything else?"

"No, just that he'd had a bad dream."

"Well, keep an eye on him," Kinsey sighed.

"I will...and there's no telling what'll happen at the séance," Steve said, shaking his head.

"What? What are you talking about? What séance?"

"Oh, ya didn't hear about that?" Steve asked.

"No, what are y'all up to now?"

"Well, the other night, Zach and Trevor came over to the house. They asked if Ghost could help them get rid of the evil spirits at their house, because they're scared."

Kinsey held up a hand, "Wait a minute...they think there's evil spirits over there in the murder house?"

"Yeah, I guess so, anyway, Ghost said he'd try to help, by doing a séance...you know, where you call down the spirits, and I don't know...tell 'em to get lost. So that's what we're gonna do, probably in a couple of days...well, after Halloween and all," Steve said.

"But, here's the thing, Kinsey...all this talking and planning for it, is getting to Ghost, big time. He's having nightmares, and weird visions, and we even went to some magic shop over in Raleigh. He got a bunch of potions, and instructions on how to do one, and words to say," Steve sighed. "I'm just going along with it, ya know, to try and keep Ghost from completely losing it over there."

Kinsey was shaking his head, "Uh-uh...don't y'all be messing around with that shit, Steve. I don't know if it's for real, or not, but it sounds dangerous. I've heard stories..."

"I know, Kinsey, but I can't make him stop. He won't listen to me."

"Well, you better try harder...that's all I'm saying."

"I'll keep at it, but you know how he is. Anyway, guess I better go find him out there" He went out to the hallway, and over into the club.

"Ghost, where'd ya go?" he hollered. He spotted him, over by the wall, doing some writing. "You ready to go home?" he asked.

He frowned, when he saw what Ghost had drawn. "What the hell is that, it's ugly."

Ghost looked up, "This is what I saw in my dream, or vision, or whatever it was," he said, stepping back.

"It looks evil, Ghost."

"I know...and it's waiting for me to call him, at the séance...but I'm not going to."

"You better not; it looks like it wants to eat us." Steve made a face.

"Yeah, and you better wear your ass kicking boots, 'cause I'm feeling like he's gonna come anyway," Ghost said.

"So how do you kick a demon's butt?" Steve asked.

"Ass hard as you can," laughed Ghost.

"C'mon...that was lame, Dude," Steve said, but laughed, anyway. "Let's go home."

~

Next part coming soon!




Peace, Love, & Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment