Friday, February 20, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE...# 130

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 130
warning...adult content



~

"What's the matter? Do you want us to take you home, Ghost?" Trevor asked, as he squeezed Ghost's hand. Ghost squeezed back, hard. Trevor could feel him trembling.

"Make it stop," Ghost whispered. "Make the sizzling stop." He closed his eyes and growled, in his gravelly voice, "Leave me alone. You have no power over me."

Zach and Trevor just stared, as Ghost's hair began to receive static electricity from the air. They were really freaked out, now. "Oh, my God...Zach, what can we do? He's acting crazy...is this for real?" Trevor asked, as he stood up, getting ready to run.

"Trev, go get my phone out of the car. Call Steve's phone, or Terry...or somebody. Tell them to come out here now," Zach said. "This isn't good, and I don't know what to do."

Trevor took off running back to the cemetery's entrance, where they'd parked the car. When he got there, he couldn't remember Steve's number, so he called Terry at the record shop.

"Terry, is Steve there...it's an emergency. We're at the cemetery with Ghost and he needs help," Trevor said, breathing hard, into the phone.

"Dude, Steve's already halfway there. He dropped everything and said he heard Ghost calling him. He'll be there any second," Terry said.

"Thanks, Terry...wait, here he comes now." He disconnected the call, and jumped in the car with Steve.

Steve drove as far as he could toward Ghost's grandmother's grave. "What happened?" he asked as he ran up to see about Ghost. Bending down, he shook Ghost, trying to snap him out of it. "Ghost, I'm here, it's ok...wake up...Now!"

Zach tried to explain what had happened. "We were all just talking, and he started acting all weird. We didn't know what to do."

"Is he going to be ok?" asked Trevor.

As Steve bent over him again, Ghost gave him a wink, and a small smile. Steve nodded, "Yeah, he'll be ok in a minute...as soon as he wakes up."

"Huh?" Zach looked confused.

Steve kept shaking Ghost. "Was he asleep before y'all started talking?"

"Yeah, but he woke up and did stuff, and then talked to us like normal...I think," Trevor said.

Steve wiped the sweat from running in his eyes, as he adjusted his position, there on the ground. "Ok, well, he does crazy stuff when he sleepwalks, and looks like he still is asleep. What was he saying?"

"He said 'leave me alone', and 'you have no power over me'," Zach said.

Steve frowned, "Oh, crap...he was over at your place, wasn't he?"

Trevor and Zach both nodded.

"That's it then," Steve said. "That evil shit ya got going on over there must have followed him here, and is messing with him."

"It's here...now?" Zach said, looking around.

"Nevermind, just get me some water or something."

Trevor ran to get a bottle of water from the car. It took a few minutes to go all the way back to the entrance, again.

Steve kept trying to wake Ghost up. "Wake up, Ghost...can you hear me?"

When Trevor returned, Steve took the bottle of water, and splashed it right into Ghost's face. Ghost sputtered, and sat up. "Why'd ya go and do that, Steve?" he asked.

"Because you were gone somewhere else, and I had to bring you back," Steve said.

"Oh, where'd I go?" Ghost looked confused, now.

"Into outer space, Ghost. That's where you always go, Dude."

"And, I'm back, now?"

"Yeah, you're back, and it's time to go home."

"Yeah, I'm hungry," Ghost said. "Oh, hey Zach, Trevor...where did y'all come from? Did y'all go to space, too?"

"I think we did," Trevor said.

"Yeah, you took us on a crazy trip, man," Zach said, shaking his head in wonder.

"I'm taking him home, now," Steve said, "we'll see ya later tonight, if Ghost feels up to it."

Zach and Trevor headed back to their car. Steve reached out a hand, to help Ghost up. He was still a bit shaky, and he leaned on Steve, as they went over to their car.

"You ok, now?" Steve asked.

"Uh-huh," Ghost said. "Did I scare 'em real good?"

Steve laughed, "Yeah, they probably crapped their pants, after that show."

Ghost smiled. "Good...except it wasn't all a trick, Steve. Some of it was for real...and I don't know which part, now."

Steve looked over at him, "I know," he said, "and that's the part that scares me."

~
They drove back home, and Ghost grabbed himself a sandwich to take out back to the little graveyard. Steve decided to go, too, so made a few more sandwiches, and a couple of cold sodas. As they walked down the little worn path behind their house, Spirit played and pounced on leaves and twigs, and swatted at a late season butterfly.

Leaning back against an old crooked cross, they ate and watched as Spirit climbed on the nearby tombstones.

"So, those guys really got scared, huh?" Steve was laughing, remembering the sight.

"Yeah, they did, for real," Ghost said. "Guess they got a preview of what'll happen over at their house, at the séance."

Steve agreed, "Yeah, but then it will be the real thing...won't it?" he looked at Ghost. "Ya know, it doesn't have to, though. You could just pretend, like today."

Ghost thought about it a minute, "I know I could, but that wouldn't help them...and I still think I can...ya know...help, or at least tell them what's causing the trouble."

"But, listen, Ghost," Steve said, "I'm scared it'll do something bad...to you...to everybody...like actually call in demons, and they'll possess us all...and...I don't know...maybe we'll all die, or..."

"You're scared, aren't ya, Steve?"

"Hell yeah...aren't you?"

Ghost shrugged, "A little, 'cause I don't know what'll happen either."

"Did you go over those instructions, again?"

"Uh-huh, I know what to do with that, then it's all up to the spirits," Ghost said.

"Meow?" Spirit said.

"Not you, silly kitty," Ghost said, as he scratched the cat's ears. "You're not invited."

"Who all will be there?" Steve wondered.

"Us and them, I guess," Ghost said.

"I have a feeling..." Steve said.

"What...what did you just say?" Ghost laughed.

"Shut it, Ghost...I said I have a feeling..."

Ghost giggled.

"Stop it, now," Steve said, and shoved Ghost. "Anyway, I think Kinsey and Terry will be coming over, too, 'cause they already heard about it, and they never want to be left out of stuff...even when they say they don't want any part of our adventures...so, I expect they'll be there."

"Oh, well, they better behave themselves, then," Ghost said, "because I'm in charge, this time." He stood up and hollered, "I'm in charge...ya get it?"

"You're crazy, man," Steve laughed.

"Yeah, and Steve is my bodyguard, and he'll kick your ass, if ya mess with me...and that goes for you spooks, too," Ghost kept on yelling.

Steve was rolling on the ground, laughing, and Spirit was climbing all over him.

"So, there," Ghost said, as he sat back down.

They stayed out in the graveyard a while longer, while Ghost wandered around among the crosses and headstones, saying a few words to the long dead Civil War inhabitants.

~

Next part coming soon!




Peace, Love, & Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment