Sunday, February 22, 2015

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE ... # 131

TWO SOULS: INTO THE FIRE
# 131
warning...adult content




~
It was getting dark, as they got back to the house.

"I need to get ready to go," Ghost said, "it's Halloween...time to party." He danced around the living room.

"Why are you in such a good mood, anyway?" Steve asked, watching Ghost being so hyper.

"Probably 'cause I had too much candy, today," he said, unwrapping another piece of chocolate.

"I noticed," Steve said. "All that we got for the kids, is gone."

"Yeah, I did it, I did it, I ate it all," Ghost grinned, "except this one here," he pitched the last piece of candy to Steve.

"Go get yourself ready, then," Steve said. "I'm going to go put on my vampire slayer shirt."

"Ok, but I have a surprise for you, too," Ghost screeched. "Just wait." He danced off to his bedroom.

"Oh, my, God," Steve muttered, shaking his head. The party hasn't even started, and he's all wound up...I'll be lucky to survive this night...

"I heard that," Ghost yelled, from the bedroom.

Steve went to his bedroom, put on his black shirt, and he was ready to go. Ghost came out, wearing his costume. Steve laughed, "You look ridiculous, and cute at the same time, but it is original, I have to say."

Ghost had put on the old fedora, he'd gotten at the thrift store, and had stuck a large, yellow sticky label on the front of it. He'd written in black marker, the word PAPA. He also had on his Ghost Adventures t-shirt, and the hunter's vest. Down below, he had on shredded jeans, and high-top sneakers, that he'd written on in different colored markers. He had his camera slung around his neck on a multi-colored lanyard.

"Yeah, that's me...original," Ghost said, turning around so Steve could get the full effect of his outfit.

"So, what's my surprise?" Steve asked.

"Oh, I almost forgot..." Ghost ran back to the bedroom, coming back out with a can of orange colored hair spray. "Look, we're gonna spray some stuff."

Steve smiled, "Where'd ya get that?"

"At the store...on my way to the graveyard."

"Well, cool...I like this surprise, Ghost...so, start spraying."

Ghost bent down to spray Steve's leg cast with the orange color. "Don't worry, it washes off," he said. Then he took strands of Steve's black hair, making intermingled streaks. "Anything else ya want me to spray?"

"Naw, this'll be good. What about you?"

"Yeah, go ahead...spray some in my hair, too," Ghost said, taking off his hat.

Steve ran his hand into Ghost's hair, picking out long strands to color. "That shows up real good...go look."

Ghost went to look at himself in the bathroom mirror. "Hey, yeah...cool," he hollered.

"Ya want anywhere else?"

"Yeah, maybe on the back of this vest...do a warning sign."

"Ok, turn around," Steve said, then sprayed a hex sign on the vest. The spray dribbled a bit on the fabric, making it look like graffiti. "There ya go. Hey, give me the camera so I can take your picture."

Ghost posed, being silly, while Steve played along. "Work it...looking good...sexy..."

By the time Ghost had taken pictures of Steve, they were both giggling.

"Are you ready to go, then," Steve asked.

"Yeah, it's not a party until we get there," Ghost laughed.

They locked up the house, and headed down the highway toward the Sacred Yew.

~

Earlier, after being freaked out at Ghost's craziness, Zach and Trevor had left the cemetery, discussing the afternoon they'd had.

"Dude," Trevor said, "that was just...well, I don't know what that was...is that what happens...I mean, all the time with him? How does Steve stand it?"

"I know," Zach said, "I never seen anything like that, and I've seen plenty, down in New Orleans. Oh, shit...now we got him coming over to do that hocus-pocus at your place."

"Yeah, but Steve will be there from the start. Maybe that helps?" Trevor didn't sound very convincing, though.

They drove up to Kinsey's club, and banged on the back door.

"Hey, guys, y'all are way early," Kinsey said, when he'd let them in. "What's up?"

Zach looked hopeful, as he said, "Uh, we came early 'cause we're taking you up on your offer. That is if it's still ok to move in here, awhile?"

"Oh, sure, it's ok, but what happened, now?" he looked out, seeing the car full of their belongings. "Get your stuff unloaded. The room is still there, you know where it is...up and to the left. Then you can explain," Kinsey said. "I'll be down in the kitchen, getting food ready for tonight."

It took Zach and Trevor three trips, up and down the stairs, to get it all up to the room. Then, finding Kinsey making sandwiches, he said, "Get yourselves a soda, guys. Now, what's the deal? I'm happy to let you stay here, but why now? You didn't want to, before."

"Yeah, I know Kinsey," Trevor said. He cracked open the coke, and sat at the old dinette table. "It just got worse over there, last night." He paused a moment, shaking his head. "That house is cursed. I think I finally understand. I didn't want to think that, but it's just too much..."

Kinsey turned from the counter, to look at Trevor. "I heard y'all were gonna get Ghost to exorcise the place...what then?"

Trevor shrugged, "We're having it torn down, I think. Nobody else should ever live there...and if Ghost can clear out the bad stuff, at least the grounds will be ok, for later."

"Makes sense, I guess," Kinsey said, turning back to his preparations. "It's just y'all need to be careful...what your messing with...I don't know, Trevor. Ghost isn't any kind of professional priest, or anything like that, ya know. He's just a kid with a strange gift. I wouldn't want any of you to get hurt."

"We're scared, if you want to know the truth, Kinsey," Zach said. "We just had a weird demonstration, this morning."

"What do you mean?"

"Ghost...he came by the house, acting weird...so then, we followed him out to the cemetery," said Zach.

"Yeah, we spied on him," Trevor added.

"We tried to hide, while we watched what he does out there, but he knew we were there. It was creepy, though," Zach frowned. "He told us to come out... but, he acted like he couldn't see us, even though he was talking to us."

"Yeah, Kinsey," Trevor said, "is he blind, or something? He said he couldn't see us, but...I'm confused as hell, now. Scared us so bad, we had to call Steve. Then it was ok...sort of..." Trevor shrugged.

Kinsey sighed, blowing his breath out, across his forehead.  "Guys, it's not my place to tell Ghost's story...it's very complicated. Just drop it. If he want's to say something, someday, well, he can, but for now...I don't know...just be careful around Ghost. I'm not saying to avoid him, but he's unpredictable. You never know what he's going to do...and I've known him since he was a little kid. That's all I'm saying. Oh, except me and Terry are coming out there too, when y'all do that séance thing." Kinsey looked them both in the eye. "Y'all are all so wrapped up in this haunted house business, we're gonna be there to lend some sanity to the séance." Kinsey was done talking about it.

"Thank you," Zach said, relieved. "We probably need some of that."

~
Next part coming soon!





Peace, Love, & Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment