Tuesday, September 10, 2013

ARE YOUR FINGERS STRONGER THAN CARDBOARD?

Well, I seem to have figured out some of this blogging business, so I'll continue.            

As the title suggests, I am wondering about the strength between a normal person's fingers when paired against a normal piece of cardboard.  I know, you think that is a weird thing to compare, and you would be right. However, it has bugged me for as long as I can remember. So, call me weird for letting such a trivial thing be on my mind for years. I don't deny it. 

Here's the thing.  I'm pretty sure I have weak fingers! Put me in a contest ......me vs. cardboard, and the seemingly innocuous piece of beefed up paper wins every time!

I have tried to open flimsy food packages that have on the side a perforated area that says "push here to open".  I've almost never been able to do it.


                                                                                                                                         
I have pushed, poked, broken fingernails, cut my finger, smashed the box, ruined the food within, slammed it on the counter, and yes screamed at the dang thing!  It doesn't matter what brand of box it is.  They are all the enemy!  As a last resort, which should have been my first choice of weapon, I pull out the sharp knife. (an icepick or scissors work fine, also)   The contest tips in my favor, at last! 

                                                                                                                                           
"Ha ha ha," I sneer at the offender. "You are going down."   I then begin stabbing the push to open place over and over until a hole appears in the cardboard, but one little hole is not enough to break into the package.....no, not yet.  I must make the punctures all around the side of the package, too.  Only once or twice I've stabbed my own self in my frenzy.  I called a five minute breather while I applied battle dressings to my bleeding hand.  Back into the fray, I finally emerge as the victor.....and to the victor go the spoils, as they say.   I have won the right to cook the well protected food that is in the package.  Victory tastes sweet......or in this case, like macaroni and cheese!                                                                                                                                      

                                                                                                                                                      
Peace, Love, & Pasta!




2 comments:

  1. At least its not Ramen. You keep it classy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, only the best! When I can't be bothered to make it from scratch, mac 'n cheese from a box is the way to go! Oh, some of the plastic wrappers give me trouble, too! ;-)

      Delete