Friday, September 6, 2013

WHY, WHY, WHY?

Seems to me everyone uses really cool sounding names for their online personalities and blogs. I always want to know why they chose it...what does it mean...is it supposed be a secret...a special code?  Hardly anyone will say why.  I won't keep y'all in suspense.  This is "why" I chose mine and what they mean to me:

First, my online name...ghostmmnc...this is in reference to my favorite character in my favorite book "Lost Souls" by Poppy Z. Brite.
Second, my blog name and statement..teleporting*Weena...
Teleport according to the dictionary is to move without physical contact either by mystical means or by conversion of matter or energy for transmission.
That is what I am doing by sending my thoughts out into the ether when I push publish on my blog posts. Transmitting them this way is very mystical to me, because I have no idea how it works!;-)

Weena is one of our cats. Actually Rowena, but we call her Weena most of the time.  I believe she actually teleported herself once right here in the house!  (I will get to the full story under my Ghost Story section).
Time machine...a hypothetical device that permits travel into the past and future.  Also the subject of one of my favorite movies "The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells. The female character in the movie was named Weena!

So there you have it.
Welcome to my Blog!
This is Weena

No comments:

Post a Comment