Tuesday, September 17, 2013

DID I SAY THAT?

Just a funny story that happened at the grocery store the other day. 

My husband and I were going up and down the aisles of the grocery store commenting about this and that item.   At one point we were standing there by the racks of plastic wraps, foils, etc.   I asked did he know if we needed those bags..."you know, those sucky bags."  He was confused about which ones I meant, of course, but he is used to trying to figure out what I'm trying to say, because what I say and what I'm thinking of sometimes are not the same thing.
I keep trying to think of the actual name of the plastic bags, but it isn't coming to me, so I keep saying , "You know, those sucky bags, the one you suck the air out of."  Finally, he figures out I mean the vacuum kind, where there is an air pump that you, yes, suck the air out after the bag is sealed, to keep the food fresher in the freezer.



We did need some of those, so added a package of them to our basket and went on our way.
However, while we were standing there talking about the sucky bags, there was a guy kneeling down restocking the nearby shelves.  He had overheard our conversation and was totally laughing!  We heard him loud and clear, but since we were already so far into it, there was no turning back.  We acknowledged his good natured laughter with our own.  My  husband then uttered his most frequent line to me, "You're killing me!"

As chances would have it I encountered the shelf stocker several more times before we left the store, as I had forgotten some items and had to backtrack to get them.   Every time I passed by, he would say hi and ask if I needed help in finding anything else.  I'd just smile and tell him, no, everything is fine, I can find what I'm looking for now.

So, anyway, we finished our shopping, but I'm still laughing over it, and I'm glad we gave the shelf stocker a laugh.   He probably went home and told his family and friends the "sucky bag" story!

Peace, Love, & Laughter

4 comments:

  1. Funny! The stocker probably wondered why you wanted to buy these bags, if they were so "sucky"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you are probably right! He saw that we put them in the basket anyway! I actually did not think of the word "sucky" that way, so now it is even funnier! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what its worth...I knew immediately what you meant before I read any further in the blog!!! I knew it! And we need some too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The "sucky" vaccuum bags are great, aren't they! Cool that you knew what they were by that one word!;-)

      Delete